Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sinner6T
    • Aug 2009

It was real good talking to you, too, Trumpnut. But as far as thinking goes, I didn't have my cap on tight that night at all!

Comment

• Revelator
      • Aug 2009

I would like to thank Gabe, Lois, Lillian Rose Chops, & the rest of the crew of supporters that put on
      this very chilled out get together, After hours style. no bullshit, just a relaxing time after a long hard days ride.
      I already new the food was gunna be killer after munching some of it at the Haloween gig last year in Newcastle.
      Only thing missing was the Campfire, & Where the fuck was Clyde!

Comment

• LRChops
        • Aug 2009

NO FUCKING VENDORS. Prior to the event I was thinking that I would set up and sell some stuff. I feel ashamed for even thinking such a thing. Selling shit seems like a cheap rip off and insult to a good time.

The gathering was just simply excellent. Now that the first year is finished, the following year should be less stressfull for Gabe and family.

I must say, I was feeling a bit down when everyone pulled out sunday morning. That was the true feeling of 'REALITY BITES' right there! Every single person at the event was so cool and on the same page. It was just a good natural mix of garage builders and like minded folks.

So if my mom is in good health and I don't have to go to Los Angeles at the end of the month, I hope to maybe see some of you in New Mexico at the Ground Zero. Its hard to get time off these days, so mom comes first.

Take care everyone!!!!

Comment

• Revelator
          • Aug 2009

I bailed out of L A on Friday, Heading for hwy 395 to the eastern sierra nevada's one of my
          favorite places on Earth. 'Had the idea of camping up at Saddlebag lake, a really rad lake that is the
          highest elevation (over 10,000ft) Lake that you can drive/ride to in Calif., located near Tioga pass, off the 120
          Damn it, all filled up, checked 4 other camps down stream, all filled up. Ended up making my own damn
          camp right next to a bitchen alpine creek on the far end of the campground.
          Saturday:
          Got up early & rode up 395 to Lundy & soaked some bait in the clear waters, Fucking fishin' reel
          took a dump so I gave up on any hopes of bagging any trout. ended up kicking it lakeside under a huge pine tree & drinking some cold beer. Later, In the day I hooked up with Billdozer, BCM, Tony, & Craze & drank cold beers & chili by the fire.
          Sunday:
          took the scenic route through Monitor pass (89) then over Carson pass (88) over to the 49.
          It was good times riding the mountain twisties with my comrades through the sierra nevada's
          We made it to the party saturday, late evening. missing the breakfat run,
          But replenished lost fluids with cold brew, & chilled out.
          I was bummin, since my sinus's were all jacked up from a bad cold I was fighting all week, & my
          ears never popped open while dropping down out of the high country, could'nt hear shit for the remainder of the trip! aw well, I got to munch some killer grub, & I even won a killer brass cast kick pedal raffled off
          compliments of Old Stuff. Thanks Guys!.
          by this time I was tired & drunk & ready for some sleep.
          Sunday:
          Rode the 80 to Reno./Tahoe & down the 395
          go to Biltwell blog for details & tons of pics that Bill took of this really nice ride.
          I only took 30 something photos, here's a few.....

Last edited by Revelator; 08-09-2010, 11:40 PM.

Comment

• AfterHours
            • Jul 2009

I don't remember much from the raffle but I know public speaking isn't my thing. Did I say anything.......stupid?

Comment

• Revelator
              • Aug 2009

Last edited by Revelator; 08-09-2010, 11:54 PM.

Comment

• Revelator
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by AfterHours
                I don't remember much from the raffle but I know public speaking isn't my thing. Did I say anything.......stupid?
                Yes You did.
                So how about next year having a big titted girl in high heels doing the raffling? eh?
                HaHaHa You did fine Gabe.

Comment

• BlueCollarMoto
                  • Apr 2024

Originally posted by Revelator
                  Yes You did.
                  So how about next year having a big titted girl in high heels doing the raffling? eh?
                  HaHaHa You did fine Gabe.
                  If your gonna do that then ya may as well have some naked gogo dancers up on a table behind ya as well.

Comment

• AfterHours
                    • Jul 2009

Keep the pics coming in!

Same place...agreed
                    no vending.....absolutely agreed
                    same weekend next year...good for me

I'll work on it in the fall and if I can find a happy medium of vendor sponsorship, and maybe some more participation like a build off of sorts. Nothing fancy, just garage builders doing their thing out of pride and love of the machine. I started on that this time around but was just too overwhelmed with other poop, crap & shit. There would be no fancy prize, but something cool for sure.

The Philo will not get "BIGGER & BETTER !!! MADNESS & MAYHEM!!!"......it will stay a small, chill event where dudes that have respect for bikes & life in general can unwind and just get tanked with no bullshit attitudes. The more riders the better if they are like minded, but I can't support a group of the 'other dudes' hooting & burning out all night to prove that they are wild & crazy. For me, finding time to relax is difficult and even though I worked most of the days of the party I still loved it.

I'll pay pretty girls to be there waaayyy before I pay for a band, so we'll see what happens there. We took flyers to some of the local gentlemens clubs and offered free food & booze to the ladies. On a Saturday night I reckon we would get the "C" group out there...you know....Sunday afternoon girls.....as the pirates say.....Sea Turtles!
                    Last edited by AfterHours; 08-11-2010, 12:04 AM.

Comment

• ScottyScott
                      • Nov 2009

Hey! That was fun!

Comment

• rustrocket84
                        • Aug 2009

Thanks to all that put this on.

What a great time! My trip started out a bit rough, but continued to get better until I got up to Loomis, and continued to be a great time. Met some new people and was amazed at how cool it all was. I was a little worried that it was going to be way too big, and that I wasn't going to enjoy it. I was and am still pretty damn happy about the whole thing.

My day started out with a small electrical problem that manifested within 2 miles from home, that I fixed in the Mobil parking lot. I was running late and caught Billdozer, Craze, and BlueCollarMoto in Lone Pine. Lundy Lake was awesome culminating with my two bite size trout. The beer was cold, the fire warm, and my chili was fresh out of the can. Camping is always a great way to refresh yourself and recharge your soul. BlueCollar, Chris, ran into Revelator at the lake, and they came back into camp shortly thereafter.

We woke up early and got on the road and hit a few highways that I'd never ridden. 89 and 88. The twisties were nice, and the weather perfect. Finished up a bit more nice roads, ruined by Saturday tourists. Made it to the fiesta and met a bunch of cool people.

Woke up early and got packed, had a great breakfast, and watched a few guys try and wheelie a picnic table while telling stories. Watched Carl sleep through just about everyone starting bikes and rusting around. I-80 is one of the best stretches of superslab I've ridden, and was much more enjoyable than I thought it'd be. Much thanks to Bill and Craze for hanging out with me and being my headlight and taillight for the last 75 or so miles. Got my problem figured out and promptly tried to use up the last of the rubber on my rear tire. Not that there is much there anyway.

Comment

• rustrocket84
                          • Aug 2009

And as soon as my dumb ass finds my camera's memory card I'll post some pictures.

Comment

• LRChops
                            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by ScottyScott
                            Hey! That was fun!
                            One of the most memorable moments for me was when you rode in and about 6 people shouted, "Hey, ITs Scotty." In fact, I was one of them!

Comment

• rustrocket84
                              • Aug 2009

Now for a few pics.

Comment

• AfterHours
                                • Jul 2009

Here's some on Calebs blog- http://crocustoms.blogspot.com/

" The Philo was the destination, the journey was fucking awesome! "
                                ~ Benjamin Franklin ~

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;