Honda Shadow VLX - Is this tube safe to cut? I want to feed harness through it.

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheVoyager
    • Jun 2014

Honda Shadow VLX - Is this tube safe to cut? I want to feed harness through it.

Hi.

Nearly finished my bike now.

For those who know the Shadow well, I want to feed the harness through the square/hole in the central column but then to feed it all behind the shock pivot bolt so it's completely hidden, I will then want to drill a 2cm hole through the cross tube at the bottom, again it will help if you know the bike.. Hope my pic helps.

So the wire enters somewhere around where his finger is and the bright light is, it will then run down behind the shocks bolt, there seems to be about 1cm play (I am sure I can flatten the harness out and thinly wrap with fabric tape and push down. But then the big one, drilling a hole in that bottom tube (you can't see the exact spot as it is behind/below the vertical column), it will then feed into an electrics box which is then all sealed up.

Hope I have not confused anyone. I can see how it can work. Just want to know is it wise to drill that tube. I understand 'punching' metal is better. But I don't think that is an option?

Any advice welcome.
    Last edited by TheVoyager; 07-13-2016, 2:27 PM. Reason: words.
  • Ganso
    • Apr 2015

I think it will work. Good luck

Comment

• sdustin
      • Sep 2014

You could drill it bigger than needed then weld in a hollow bung of your worries about it cracking. When i bobbed my vlx I moved the cdi under the tank and just had my starter switch ingintion switch and better under the seat. That made very few wires to deal with. I mounted my r/r where the factory horn was.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
      Working...
      ;