Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boomboomthump
    • Oct 2013

Retractable license plate

I was going to post this in the Junk Pile but since it isn't "non-motorcycle related", here you go:

WATCH: How cops say a motorcyclist tried to beat Holland Tunnel toll

Last edited by boomboomthump; 07-16-2016, 10:55 AM.
  • Keeleyvision
    • Aug 2015

thats some cannonball run shit right there

Comment

• SlyJJ
      • Mar 2015

Wouldnt mind having that. I put my plate on a teather and use a magnet setup that holds up to 50lbs. It wont fall off at all. I have no problem paying tolls, but do have a problem when I get shaken town by local PD for lane splitting in some bullshit racketeering scheme.... so I yank the plate before I split

Comment

• Deckard43
        • Sep 2011

Originally posted by slyjj
        wouldnt mind having that. I put my plate on a teather and use a magnet setup that holds up to 50lbs. It wont fall off at all. I have no problem paying tolls, but do have a problem when i get shaken town by local pd for lane splitting in some bullshit racketeering scheme.... So i yank the plate before i split
        i'd like to see this setup if you don't mind posting pics.

Comment

• twistNshout
          • Nov 2013

i got dropped on a ride in Brooklyn 'cause i stopped at the toll booth. apparently, a buncha fellas simply spray some sorta clear cloaking sheet on the plate which renders the cameras useless.

Comment

• cggorman
            • Jan 2016

I can't see youtube from work, but there has been a power retractable license plate holder that's semi-popular with Corvette and Miata guys. Probably others, but those are the two car circles I run in...

FREE Shipping on Corvette parts & accessories at CorvetteGuys.com. We carry Corvette aftermarket parts for the Next Generation C8, C7, C6, C5 & C4 Vette.

Comment

• Deckard43
              • Sep 2011

Originally posted by twistnshout
              i got dropped on a ride in brooklyn 'cause i stopped at the toll booth. Apparently, a buncha fellas simply spray some sorta clear cloaking sheet on the plate which renders the cameras useless.
              mythbusters debunked that clear spray. There's basically nothing that the cameras can't catch. I was told at one time that if you ride on the line through the cameras that they won't catch your plate due to them being aimed in the middle of the lane. I don't know if that works or not.

Comment

• Revelator
                • Aug 2009

$15 to ride on a toll road is highway robbery who's the criminal here.

Comment

• cggorman
                  • Jan 2016

Highway robbery! LOLZ!

Comment

• SlyJJ
                    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Deckard43
                    i'd like to see this setup if you don't mind posting pics.

Comment

• Deckard43
                      • Sep 2011

Right on. Good idea man!

Comment

• docmel
                        • May 2015

You ever see the fine for trying that shit and getting caught?. If you don't know, ask the guy that got caught at the beginning of this thread. It aint worth it

Comment

• SlyJJ
                          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by docmel
                          You ever see the fine for trying that shit and getting caught?. If you don't know, ask the guy that got caught at the beginning of this thread. It aint worth it
                          The guy in the beginning of this thread was attempting to bail on paying tolls. I dont. Sure tolls suck, but thats the deal. I take my plate off when I split lanes. Im tired of of the racketeering scheme they run for splitting lanes. Its legal the world over. It also conveniently doesnt apply to police "in the middle of their duty." For some reason its "dangerous" for normal people. They dont repeal it because there is no incentive (money) for them not to. Im also not going to sit in traffic and overheat my engine and blow a gasket- especially when they're responsible for the traffic in the first place (the government...). Finally, I dont need to sit in traffic because I've got space to move. Im not going to pay a $200 ticket because some dickhead needs to make a quota and because others are butthurt they're stuck in traffic and I am not.

Comment

• SquashThatFly
                            • Jul 2011

Most people i know just reach around and cover up some numbers on their tag. Around here most tolls are for bridges and there are "no Chase" laws in effect for motorcycles anyway. They have better things to do than run us down on a busy bridge over $4. We have a high chance of getting hit sitting in the toll booth more than anything.

When i was in high school, i was a minitrucker. I started with a bone stock work truck. I built this retractable tag from scratch using a bit of sheet metal, some metal rod, and tube, and a $25 air cylinder from Grainger. My truck was already airbagged at the time so i had obvious access to air to use. All of my dads hot rod buddies used an electric kit that folded up underneath the back of car and took too long to retract. Mine was damn near instant up or down.

Comment

• 47str8leg
                              • Sep 2014

If your all going this far w/the technology why not just get the James Bond license plate that flips and shows an inactive license plate.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;