CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: The biker wave

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Zoom in for a comprehensive guide to waves.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hand signals brah.jpg  
    Last edited by DrFxr; 07-11-2016 at 10:28 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by shank1kole View Post
    I have quit waiving because you can't go 1/2 mile without seeing a bike where I'm at, and I don't want the car behind me thinking I left my blinker on. I am not meaning to be cool or tough by not waiving but its just ridiculous I have been riding for just over 10 years now and every year there is more bikes on the road ( which is good ) but I can't wave for five miles straight on the highway.
    I think that's totally reasonable. I would probably do the same. Probably reserve a wave or acknowledgement for a fellow chop or other unique bike. As it is here today, I'm lucky to pass 5 bikes on a given day so wave to all is no biggie.

Get Adobe Flash player

If you ride a bone stock bike and are obviously a young rider or new rider, I wont wave.
    If its just a old timer ill give him a low five wave.
    If its a pretty cool looking bike or I may know them i give the peace sign
    If someone is on a badass chopp or bobb i will give the horns and thumbs up and knod "hell yea"
    If its my friends or family, they get the middle finger lol

Crotch rockets rarley get a wave from me. mainly cause they dont wave to me.

Where I live (Mid Missouri) almost everyone waves to a passing vehicle.

Just a funny story,

Me and my bro was riding with a friend of ours who is part or a MC, we passing another group on the highway and we threw out a wave to them
    thinking were badass. Only to realize to late, that its about 10 highway patrols on bikes. Lmfao! we looked so stupid in front of those guys. I stilled laughed though as well as everyone.

Get Adobe Flash player

HAHAHAHA! Very fucking funny!

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Keeleyvision View Post
    The wave has been common everywhere I have lived from northern MI to AZ, and all the places I have toured around including Mexico.

I noticed some of the hipster "chopper kids" around here not waving back to riders we would encounter on rides, I asked them why and got a response something like "I don't know them blah blah blah"
    I explained to them that the wave was a sign of respect to others out there rolling the dice, and not returning that respect puts you in a special category of "fuck-boy"
    The wave used to be two fingers down to say keep your two wheels on the ground. A "stay safe".

Get Adobe Flash player

I try not to put too much thought into the wave, but if you don't wave? You're a cunt, plain and simple. We're all road meat and have gotta stick together.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Apehangin View Post
    ...about 150 fuckin shitbags rode right on by me without stoppin for a look to see if i need a hand. So since that day i kinda feel like dont wave at me if you dont know me so fuck you and fuck NJ, but i will still always stop for a broke down dude ...
    Just yesterday I was on the side of I-95 headed to Heroes Run III in Richmond. I was impressed how many bro-waves I got from dudes on $25K streetglides and ultras. "FUCK YOU!" not like if they stopped they'd be able to do shit but ask if riding a hard tail hurts, but still it's the principal.

Get Adobe Flash player

If they wave, Ill wave back. Otherwise...whatever. I have noticed that the "super mo-re-tard" guys never wave at anybody. Probably too miserable dressed up in all that adventure bike gear on a 95 degree day....and no beer in those stupid looking coolers attached the the back of their bikes.

Get Adobe Flash player

I'm starting a new wave...at night only.it's a secret" you have to be in the know" kinda thing.it'll be done at night only so" those not in the know" won't find out the wave.it's gonna be so fucking cool.

Get Adobe Flash player

First three on the poster are the hand signals for left turn, right turn, and braking but no one knows them any more.

Hand signals are long obsolete so don't expect them to work on any driver younger than 80.

Get Adobe Flash player

Fuckin awesome lmao

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by farmall View Post
    First three on the poster are the hand signals for left turn, right turn, and braking but no one knows them any more.

Hand signals are long obsolete so don't expect them to work on any driver younger than 80.
    No doubt about that shit man, i still do em anyhow, just maybe some of em will actually learn from seein it, and so i dont get i fuckin ticket for not usin my blinker.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by OleDirtyDoc View Post
    I'm starting a new wave...at night only.it's a secret" you have to be in the know" kinda thing.it'll be done at night only so" those not in the know" won't find out the wave.it's gonna be so fucking cool.
    I dig it. But now you told us so its not secret any more, maybe we could try messenger pigeons or them morse code lights they use on navy boats, or them hand held little air horns, lmfao, like you could blow the fuckin beard of the dude goin past ya

Get Adobe Flash player

Im gonna do it, imma blow a fuckin air horn at every ass hat that waves at me, and then giggle like a retard,im so gettin my ass kicked.
    Aint forgot about the shirts, just gettin last the last of the legal shit with the soon to be ex, fuckin 400 bucks just for the mediator last week.

Get Adobe Flash player

Spent 8 years in Belgium riding across Europe. Other than scooters, everyone on 2 wheels acknowledged each other in some fashion.

Frankly I could give a fuck about any kinda wave.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Apehangin View Post
    Im gonna do it, imma blow a fuckin air horn at every ass hat that waves at me, and then giggle like a retard,im so gettin my ass kicked.
    Aint forgot about the shirts, just gettin last the last of the legal shit with the soon to be ex, fuckin 400 bucks just for the mediator last week.
    Years from now you're gonna be telling people how that was the best 400 bucks you ever spent............

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by hattiesbike View Post
    Years from now you're gonna be telling people how that was the best 400 bucks you ever spent............
    No doubt about that man, already the best 400, i keep the kids, the house and equity and i even took her fuckin car, I'm lookin forward to be payin the bitch 2 grand a month to stay the fuck away, best money I'll ever spend, she been out the house almost a year and just the positive change for the better in the kids makes it worth every fuckin penny. Just sucks that bitches can fuckin wreck the shit outta thier family and get fuckin paid for it.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by farmall View Post
    Overseas everyone rode bicycles on base so when walking in groups we'd keep an eye out for young officers and salute them at inconvenient times.
    Or when they are carrying a bunch of shit in their hand salute them and walk with it till you pass them and then say "Alirght sir/ma'am ill just go fuck myself then." but only to officers that you work with not random officers. Random officers get a tad bitchy when you do it to them

Get Adobe Flash player

im from S. Tx and I tend to always wave, If I was driving my truck or riding my bike. Just common courtesy, hell has helped me out once or twice when Ive broken down before lol.

Share This