CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default FURY 36" Springer Repair

I was in an accident. My fury springer is bent backwards about 3mm back within a foot of bend point. Its slight but it had affected the bike. Does anyone know who has the ability to bend these back properly? I live in San Diego and can drive to LA if someone in Long Beach knows anyone who rules at this. I heard Garage Co. can do something like this. Any leads would be appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMAG0567.jpg  

I could straighten that for you with ease, but I wouldn't, there is no way to do that and keep the leg's original strength

Get Adobe Flash player

I was afraid of that. I know if you bend metal back and forth it weakens it. So my only other option is to try and find a replacement. I guess I will have to wait until the dust settles on the insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by D00mw1z4rd View Post
    I was afraid of that. I know if you bend metal back and forth it weakens it. So my only other option is to try and find a replacement. I guess I will have to wait until the dust settles on the insurance.
    Id have to agree. Unfortunatley, bent springers dont do well once bent

Get Adobe Flash player

Since San Diego is a port city, you might want to go check out the shipyard repair shops. They are quite adept ay straightening long prop shafts. They might be able to give you some advice at the very least. Its just a chunk of steel in the end, doesn't matter what its mounted to. Check out Keith Fenner on youtube. He's east coast but he seems to know his shit when it comes to straightening. Good luck

Get Adobe Flash player

Bobby at king customs in Chicago

Share This