CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default CB750 carb seats HELP!!

    Ive got a set of carbs off a 77 cb750. The seats are worn and causing it to dumb fuel out of the bottom. i took the carbs to my guy and he said the seats were toast and i need to order new ones. I CANNOT find seats anywhere for 77/78 model carbs. I can find them for earlier models, but not these.. I called a honda powerhouse dealership to see and they told me I would have to order new float bowls or something as they cannot be just changed out.... Has anyone run into this problem or know where i can buy seats?

  2. #2
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    12,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant View Post
    Ive got a set of carbs off a 77 cb750. The seats are worn and causing it to dumb fuel out of the bottom. i took the carbs to my guy and he said the seats were toast and i need to order new ones. I CANNOT find seats anywhere for 77/78 model carbs. I can find them for earlier models, but not these.. I called a honda powerhouse dealership to see and they told me I would have to order new float bowls or something as they cannot be just changed out.... Has anyone run into this problem or know where i can buy seats?
    Are you talking about the needle and seat, seat????

  3. #3
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    320

    Default

    It sound like you are taking about float needles? In which case here's a link to rebuild kits and individual carb parts.

    http://www.vintagecb750.com/products/6/fuel-system

  4. #4
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    12,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CarloFreeze View Post
    It sound like you are taking about float needles? In which case here's a link to rebuild kits and individual carb parts.

    http://www.vintagecb750.com/products/6/fuel-system
    I don't guess were going to hear back from him??????????? Yea a carb kit can be bought easily.... All you have to do is look........

  5. #5
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    542

    Default

    The float needle seat is a press fit non replaceable item in the later cb750 carbs that the OP has.

  6. #6
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    382

    Default

    just do what the rest of us lazy fucks do- just turn off the petcock when you get off.

  7. #7
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    320

    Default

    Yeah, but if his float needles are worn out and don't shut off the gas the carbs will keep flooding the engine when it's running.

  8. #8
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    12,150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Westboundbiker View Post
    just do what the rest of us lazy fucks do- just turn off the petcock when you get off.
    Or just cut it on a little bit when your riding...... You know like a regulator..... If it's running lean turn it on just a little more........ or cut it back if it's fludding..
    Last edited by Tattooo; 06-08-2016 at 6:42 AM.

  9. #9
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Call Kate and tell her what you need. She will hook you up.

    http://www.cycleonemanufacturing.com/id298.html

  10. #10
    Senior Member

    Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

    Get Adobe Flash player


    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    12,150

    Default

    Hell carb kits are out there...... Lazy people are the ones that can't find them.............

Share This



Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in