Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mutant
    • Nov 2014

CB750 carb seats HELP!!

Ive got a set of carbs off a 77 cb750. The seats are worn and causing it to dumb fuel out of the bottom. i took the carbs to my guy and he said the seats were toast and i need to order new ones. I CANNOT find seats anywhere for 77/78 model carbs. I can find them for earlier models, but not these.. I called a honda powerhouse dealership to see and they told me I would have to order new float bowls or something as they cannot be just changed out.... Has anyone run into this problem or know where i can buy seats?
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Mutant
    Ive got a set of carbs off a 77 cb750. The seats are worn and causing it to dumb fuel out of the bottom. i took the carbs to my guy and he said the seats were toast and i need to order new ones. I CANNOT find seats anywhere for 77/78 model carbs. I can find them for earlier models, but not these.. I called a honda powerhouse dealership to see and they told me I would have to order new float bowls or something as they cannot be just changed out.... Has anyone run into this problem or know where i can buy seats?
    Are you talking about the needle and seat, seat????

Comment

• CarloFreeze
      • Jun 2013

It sound like you are taking about float needles? In which case here's a link to rebuild kits and individual carb parts.

Comment

• Tattooo
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by CarloFreeze
        It sound like you are taking about float needles? In which case here's a link to rebuild kits and individual carb parts.

http://www.vintagecb750.com/products/6/fuel-system
        I don't guess were going to hear back from him??????????? Yea a carb kit can be bought easily.... All you have to do is look........

Comment

• hellbilly1932
          • Aug 2009

The float needle seat is a press fit non replaceable item in the later cb750 carbs that the OP has.

Comment

• Westboundbiker
            • Oct 2014

just do what the rest of us lazy fucks do- just turn off the petcock when you get off.

Comment

• CarloFreeze
              • Jun 2013

Yeah, but if his float needles are worn out and don't shut off the gas the carbs will keep flooding the engine when it's running.

Comment

• Tattooo
                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Westboundbiker
                just do what the rest of us lazy fucks do- just turn off the petcock when you get off.
                Or just cut it on a little bit when your riding...... You know like a regulator..... If it's running lean turn it on just a little more........ or cut it back if it's fludding..
                Last edited by Tattooo; 06-08-2016, 6:42 AM.

Comment

• Nimrod
                  • Jun 2012

Call Kate and tell her what you need. She will hook you up.

Comment

• Tattooo
                    • Sep 2012

Hell carb kits are out there...... Lazy people are the ones that can't find them.............

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                    Working...
                    ;