Would you trade your bike for a good, livable van?

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hazydaze
    • Jan 2016

Would you trade your bike for a good, livable van?

As the title says....

A neighbor has been eyeing my bike for some time. He wants to trade me a '96 Dodge Xplorer van in great condition for the bike. Ive got another bike in the works so I wouldnt be without a scoot but I'd like to know what you would do if it were your neighbor. I can totally live in this van which would be an upgrade from my truck but still... he wants my baby.

Thanks for reading, lemme know what you think
  • Keeleyvision
    • Aug 2015

If I had a few bikes, I really liked the van, and the van was NOT a dodge I would.
    If I only "had another bike in the works" I would not.

Comment

• 47str8leg
      • Sep 2014

Mid 90's Dodges were a bag of shit. Now if that were s 70's Dodge van....

Comment

• farmall
        • Apr 2013

Since I shouldn't have to look at profiles for info should be fucking posted in the first fucking post I don't know what fucking motorcycle is under discussion and cannot make a value comparison, but after working in a used car lot I avoid Chrysler products like a waterfall of scalding dogshit.

Fuck it. I looked. DON'T DO IT. Even if it's clean, that's like a pretty woman who fails to mention she has Hep C.

He should sell the van then make a cash offer. Cash is easy to turn into another motorcycle or beer or crack or a van not made by Chrysler.

When you buy a truck or van, look for what major civilian fleet operators buy. They can't afford to buy unreliable vehicles. (Ignore the government, they did shit like buy Chrysler after the first bailout to help the company. The vehicles sucked.)

1970s Dodges were "real" Dodges. RIP, especially to the great Slant Six. Most have been used up as work vans but a clean unflogged one would be a cool ride and easy to maintain.

Always have at least ONE reliable motorcycle. It may or may not be a project, but maintain at least one you can jump on any time and ride.
        Last edited by farmall; 06-04-2016, 4:37 PM.

Comment

• EVILBLACKSABRE
          • Dec 2013

If my choices were- trade a bike for a van to live in, or, keep two bikes and continue living in a truck, I would sell one of my bikes so I could afford a place to live with four walls, a roof, a toilet, running water, shower, etc.

If I were living in a truck, I wouldn't be working on a second bike. I would be working on moving indoors.

Comment

• 47str8leg
            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by EVILBLACKSABRE
            If my choices were- trade a bike for a van to live in, or, keep two bikes and continue living in a truck, I would sell one of my bikes so I could afford a place to live with four walls, a roof, a toilet, running water, shower, etc.

If I were living in a truck, I wouldn't be working on a second bike. I would be working on moving indoors.
            I thought about that tirade but said "fuck-it" why point out the obvious .

Comment

• Keeleyvision
              • Aug 2015

Originally posted by EVILBLACKSABRE

And how trustworthy is the neighbor of the homeless man going to be? Is the owner of the 90's van also homeless? did he get that way trying to keep a 90's dodge running?

Comment

• cggorman
                • Jan 2016

You'd be the envy of the neighborhood down by the river.

Comment

• Tattooo
                  • Sep 2012

I'm thinking like farmall who thinks like me.............

Comment

• Dragstews
                    • Sep 2010

I wouldn't ......

Now if the trade was for a one night stand with "Mae West" (Back when she was in her prime) it would be on...!!!

Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• farmall
                      • Apr 2013

Is the owner of the 90's van also homeless? did he get that way trying to keep a 90's dodge running?
                      He's eager to get rid of the thing which means he learned some sort of lesson.

"I'll trade you my Dodge" is like saying "You should marry my sweet psychotic temporarily ex-crackhead daughter. Here's her prison mailing address. The sentence for penile amputation was bogus. She's a nice girl".

Comment

• Apehangin
                        • Apr 2016

Fuck it, sell the truck and buy another bike.
                        Then find some gash to move in with and park you and the bikes in the living room.
                        Win Win.

Comment

• Keeleyvision
                          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Dragstews
                          I wouldn't ......

Now if the trade was for a one night stand with "Mae West" (Back when she was in her prime) it would be on...!!!

I'll dig that bitch up for that Panhead. I suggest lots of lube tho.

Comment

• beat
                            • Apr 2016

well, fuck me. i promice myself not to get dragged into silly threads like this, but what the hell.
                            i,like farmall, looked at yer profile to see the bike in question, and really dont know what to tell ya.
                            lets break this down.
                            when you say you live in yer truck do you mean literally or figuratively? do you have a home or do you have a job that has you on the road alot so you "live" in yer truck?
                            i dont know what year or shape/condition yer bikes in, but a 20 year old dodge van in my world would be a straight up fair trade. i aint putting down yer bike. just trying to be realistic. if i wanted a van(i like vans) i wouldnt pay more than a grand for a 90s dodge. although the going value may be closer to $2000.
                            so moneywise it may be a fair trade, but i bet the bike is "worth" more to you. than again if you need a place to stretch out to sleep than thats yer call.

another thing. yer profile says yer 87 years old. if that's a joke or a typo. haha!
                            if that's true and your asking a question like this than i think you have bigger problems. sorry guy.

last thing. please dont call yer bike yer baby.
                            i aint picking on you directly, but when people call their bikes or cars their "baby" it drives me up a wall.
                            i hear people say their newish stock car/bike is their baby. and i wanna say you put some money down and pay 200 a month and its yer baby? or did you pass it thru your vagina?
                            weither you build a bike from the ground up or just customized/modified it a bit calling it yer baby is pretty lame.

that's just me. my wife tells me i need to be less opinionated and bitter. i'm trying

Comment

• SlyJJ
                              • Mar 2015

You're all just jealous that his van has wifi......

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;