Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Twigg92
    • Jul 2013

Dumb Oil line Question??

Has anyone used reinforced translucent fuel line as oil lines?
  • SamHain
    • Apr 2024

No, but I have used fuel line for oil without problems. I don't care for that clear fuel line even for fuel, stuff is hard as a rock in no time.

Comment

• Keeleyvision
      • Aug 2015

A buddy of SamHain and I used it as oil lines for a short time, it didn't last long, like a few months less than the novelty of seeing the oil move

Comment

• SamHain
        • Apr 2024

I've used clear shit from the hardware store as oil line as the rocker feed on the triumph, that shit worked too.

Comment

• Twigg92
          • Jul 2013

Ok thanks I'm not wanting to use some thing that won't hold up

Comment

• farmall
            • Apr 2013

I use fuel injection hose, power steering hose (Ebay is a great source for both) or suitable hose from my local hydraulic shop for oil lines. Fuel injection hose is nice because you can use the same hose for fuel and oil.

Max durability would be industrial hose which they can spec with you and cut to length. Lots of better choices than the usual lowest bidder cheap shit.

Comment

• xnewmanx
              • Aug 2012

There are definitely clear hoses that will hold up, but how much do you want to spend?

This is clear and flexible, but fairly expensive, however, it's good to 500 degrees F and very chemical resistant, but it's 10 bucks a foot.

McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day.

There are a million different kinds of "clear tube" just because someone had bad luck with some type just means they didn't spec it out properly.

Comment

• Twigg92
                • Jul 2013

I actually stumbled apon this and gonna give it a try I figure if it's good for big blocks surely it can handle an old ironhead

Gotta scroll down the page a lil to find it

Comment

• farmall
                  • Apr 2013

Let us know how it behaves over time.

Comment

• Sky
                    • Aug 2009

Clear stuff is neat. But oil turns black in short order if you actually ride the thing. I guess frequent changes with high detergent oil might help.
                    Keep in mind most automotive stuff don't have to deal with UV under that bonnet.
                    I'll run cheap clear hose when re-enginering an oiling system. Just to quantify that my hair brained ideas actually work. It gets replaced with "real" oil lines in short order.
                    You could put sight glasses and/or sediment bowl(s) in line maybe. Like a gutted glass fuel filter?
                    I know a dude who used air line 'cause it was "Harley Orange". Got stiff and brittle but held up ok.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                    Working...
                    ;