Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ironkid
    • May 2016

Ironhead Front Wheel Alignment

I recently bought a 1977 Ironhead. I've asked a few people from Harley and a few friends and no one can seem to solve my situation. My front end is way out of whack! The front wheel is pointing towards the right, facing the motorcycle. And the wheel itself is a lot closer to the left fork then the right. I have assembled and disassembled the front wheel countless times and everything is put together right in the axle, according to the manual. Any ideas from the Chop Cult community? Would be much appreciated
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7158.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	300.0 KB
ID:	1339963
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Glad you have a manual...... That's a great place to start...... I'm sure you've checked to see if anything is bent???? Are the shims/spacers on the correct side??? Can you post pics of both sides??? How are you tightening the axle???

Are the trees straight and not twisted???
    Last edited by Tattooo; 05-17-2016, 8:48 PM.

Comment

• IronheadVic
      • Sep 2012

If we could see both sides that would help. Is that a single brake disc on the wheel on the right hand side as you sit on the bike? Should it be on the left, like flip the wheel around?

Comment

• shovelpan69
        • May 2012

Sliders twisted during disassembly?

Comment

• Motorradfahrer
          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by IronheadVic
          If we could see both sides that would help. Is that a single brake disc on the wheel on the right hand side as you sit on the bike? Should it be on the left, like flip the wheel around?
          Ding, ding, ding!

Comment

• Andy99
            • May 2015

Try this- Jack the bike up slightly, loosen the clamp bolts on the trees, hold the wheel tight between your knees and straighten the bars/forks to the wheel. Retighten clamp bolts. This has worked for me when I've crashed dirt bikes, might be worth a try?

Comment

• Tattooo
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Motorradfahrer
              Ding, ding, ding!

Yea if we keep saying it like I did to start with we might get pics and point him in the right direction???? LOL

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
              Working...
              ;