Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johnwesley
    • Sep 2012

Redneck fork works. Got my parts Ina dn went to work without really thinking about pics. Sorry bout that. Put in .75 kg springs with 25mm preload and 110mm oil height. Ended up with 42mm sag. I may try 35mm preload just to see how it feels. The DDC valves I put a different disc stack on and a smaller bleed hole on the center bolt. That affects the whole curve while the shim stack is more high speed compression. Rick sent them out for me to try and see how they felt. Spot on in my opinion. Ran some fs roads and only bottomed at a T intersection with choppy washboards, while on the front brakes. Everything else was without bottoming and very plush. I think I could use a little more ride height in the front is why I'm looking at a little more preload. Total fork travel is 5.5"

The rear shocks are going to work out nicely. I'm at 3 turns out in high and low speed compression. Haven't fooled with rebound as it feels right on. I'll get some more ride time on them this weekend.

Tear down shot

Redneck for seal driver

Redneck Fork holder... An old lower triple

At ride height. I like the stance. Need more front tire though. Something like a 90/90

Comment

• johnwesley
      • Sep 2012

Changed bars out. Not sure if I like this one or not. I have two more bars to try and see what works best. It may try taller risers, though these just feel to wide. Who knows what I'll end up with. I don't. :hmmmmm

Comment

• johnwesley
        • Sep 2012

Ok bars round 3. These are working out much better. Still want to bring them up some, but they are good at this height. Going up two more inches when I find the right deal or decide to build my own.

If you have some 8" risers that will work with the stock clamp let me know. I have some but they are the separate and will not accept the stock top clamp.

Went on a short ride with dad today. Helped him change out the stock bars for some 1 1/2" bars. He likes the way they feel. He took the sporty home and thought it was the best riding sporty he's ever been on.

Last edited by johnwesley; 06-16-2016, 6:38 PM.

Comment

• johnwesley
          • Sep 2012

Made some spacers for the short spacers. Basically 1.25" stock drilled and taped with a .5" stud on the top and standard bolt on the bottom. This set up feels about right. Dad and I are going to the swamp riders annual. I'll know more after we get back.

Comment

• johnwesley
            • Sep 2012

Playing with shocks today. Finally have them close to where I'm comfortable and the bike handles well. Very controlled and plush at the same time. Rick has nailed the shocks and front forks. They move in unison, and feel very balanced. The bike really rails. Happy day.

Comment

• Fruttolo
              • May 2016

Nice bike, too high for my taste but I agree these things when slammed down suck to ride (mine is currently on rigid struts, doh)
              To get more meat up front you can try a 110/90/21, if I remember right, should be the size most big enduro bikes get OEM and manufacturers make pretty decent tires for them. But if the goal was good handling I'd step down to a wider 19", or even 18"...tall&narrow is bad in the twisties.

Comment

• johnwesley
                • Sep 2012

A 19" is in the future. I'm too cheap to get one till after I burn through the 21" tire.

My KLR came with a 90/90-21"

Comment

• johnwesley
                  • Sep 2012

Some pics of the weekend. The Mids are mounted.

Comment

• johnwesley
                    • Sep 2012

I thought about many options for fairings and ultimately decided a 1/4 fairing. First thought was a fxrt style fairing, but the. Remember the Lynx worked well for me and wouldn't over power the look.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                    Working...
                    ;