Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jheitt
    • Aug 2014

I too have the jammed up whisky. A bit of electrical tape on the bars where it clamps fixed it up though. It was bought 2 months ago, so this is a problem that spans years which means they've done nothing to sort the problem.

I also have the 12$ china one and it's great.

Comment

• SamHain
      • Apr 2024

Only issue I have with the China one is the tube is shorter than most grips, so the grip has to hang off the end of the bars then you have to play around to get both sides even.

Comment

• DanAz
        • Sep 2011

Biltwell POS

I've had a Biltwell on the shelf for 18 months while working on the rest of my machine. I bought it because I really liked the looks of it.
        I just found this thread last week and today it was time to mount up my beloved "neato" throttle.
        First thing I noticed is the sharp edges on the tube where the cable connects, not that I care much, but this definitely isn't the place for sharp edges. Looked like it might drag in the housing. Next thing I notice is the rough, very poor work, finish on the channel in the housing where the cable part rides.
        I bolted the whole thing on and, notice that the gap between the two clamshell pieces is awfully damn wide. As in I can fit a nickel, and more, into each gap once the whole thing is installed.
        Then, big surpise, the fucking thing drags like crazy. Somewhere between 1/8 and 1/4 turn it actually bound to the point that it goes from being inconvenient to unsafe.
        Chinese, or not, this thing is a piece of shit compared the the $20 DS cheapo, I put on it 8 years ago.
        Anyway, I haven't even gotten to putting a throttle cable into this thing. And I won't be. It's coming off and I'll take my old DS cheapo to the sand blaster. I'm guessing I'll be more than happy. It's rare that I buy anything even remotely fadish or from the newer companies, now I know I'm not missing anything.
        Last edited by DanAz; 10-15-2017, 1:15 AM.

Comment

• Rick454
          • Feb 2018

I know this is an old post but i just came across it. I just ordered a whiskey throttle
          (haven’t received it yet) i first wanted that cheap China one but biltwell was the only one i came across with “push in” ferrules. Where did you find the Chinese throttle clamp for push in cables?

Comment

• Oranje
            • Sep 2009

Anyone use a Kustom Tech?

Looking for a throttle housing in brass and the KT seems to be the only one I can find.

$130 just for housing!! Does NOT even come with throttle tube. WTF.

Made in Italy? I thought they only rode scooters with hot women in giant sunglasses.

Whose taken that pricey plunge?
            What tube did you use?

Comment

• leucadiaguitars
              • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Oranje

Looking for a throttle housing in brass and the KT seems to be the only one I can find.

Made in Italy? I thought they only rode scooters with hot women in giant sunglasses.

What tube did you use?
              brass one right there:
              Speed Dealer Customs motorcycle parts and accessories for Harley Davidson© and custom motorcycle applications. Grips, Pegs, Clutch Covers, Gas Caps and more all manufactured in the USA

Comment

• Oranje
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by leucadiaguitars
                Good site, thanks

Comment

• LeonardIcel
                  • Aug 2016

Anyone try one of these?

TC Bros. 1" Single Cable Motorcycle Throttle - Black TC Bros. 1" throttles are the perfect solution for eliminating the bulky throttle/switch housings on custom Harley Davidson motorcycles. The minimalist design features an investment cast aluminum housing with classic good looks. The billet aluminum grip tube is CNC

Comment

• 7and7is
                    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by LeonardIcel
                    That looks to be a "new" product, looks quality, interesting.

Comment

• Luky
                      • May 2018

(Shortened)

Sort of like an AK47. Cheap and junky by very effective.

Comment

• 6PPC
                        • Jun 2018

Originally posted by Oranje

What tube did you use?
                        I have used Italy made Tommaselli throttles in my metric bikes (22mm bar) Works great, sad that they dont have throttles for 1" bars

Comment

• BlackCloudSalvage
                          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by LeonardIcel
                          I picked up the tc bros throttle for my shovelhead and installed it yesterday. Very nice piece. Operates smooth and snaps back nicely. Comes with 5 different fittings to accept all styles of cables. I see the difference in this compared to the cheap ones that I've used many times. Much better feel.

Comment

• BrandonThePleb
                            • Feb 2011

Click image for larger version

Name:	69.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	1310727

Have tried all these throttles. I always go back to the jack hammers. Love the extra length/ price.

Comment

• Tyler
                              • Jul 2009

I will chime in on this, but full disclosure, I work at Lowbrow Customs and I do much of the product design here, including these throttles! But, I also build bikes in my home shop as a hobby, which I have done for many years, and I have a lot of experience with many different throttles.

Lowbrow has a full line of USA-made throttle housings. They are all for 1" handlebars (currently), single or dual cable versions, and available in aluminum, black (hard black anodized aluminum), and solid brass. We have thread-in style for 1981-1995 Harley-Davidson and of course, custom, use. We also have dual cable push-in cable style throttles for 1996 and later Harleys. You can see them all here:

Specializing in custom motorcycle parts and accessories for Chopper and Bobber motorcycles. Aftermarket parts for Harley Davidson Sportster, Triumph Bonneville, Yamaha XS 650 and many more. FREE SHIPPING ON ALL US ORDERS OVER $99!

I had a few goals, and we met them all: Perfect fit, finish and function. Made in the USA (even the hardware) and affordably priced.

Name:	010307-lowbrow-customs-throttle-housing-harley-single-cable-black-1-in-1.jpg
Size:	267.4 KB
ID:	1312064

Name:	010385-lowbrow-customs-throttle-housing-harley-push-in-dual-cable-aluminum-1in-1.jpg
Size:	265.6 KB
ID:	1312065

Name:	010308-lowbrow-customs-throttle_housing_harley_thread-in_single_cable_solid_brass_1_inch-2770.jpg
Size:	270.3 KB
ID:	1312066

These work with stock H-D throttle tubes as well as every aftermarket one we tried. I am really stoked on how they turned out. They clamp onto 1" bars and leave a very slim, even gap. Look great, function great.

We do sell the imported throttles that are only $15, and they do work great, so that is an option when you want to keep your bike budget low! And we have a single cable throttle (that also includes Harley OEM style grips) for $18.95...

This is a simple chrome single cable throttle assembly for 1" handlebars. It has a throttle stop screw (think cruise control) and includes a plastic throttle tube. This is for a single cable setup, with a 1/4"-20 threaded throttle cable ends. An inexpensive, smooth-operating throttle that works well on 1973-1980 Harley-Davidsons and customs.

This is a simple chrome dual cable throttle assembly for 1" handlebars and features a throttle stop screw. It also includes a plastic throttle tube and a pair o

Cheers!
                              Last edited by Tyler; 07-17-2019, 1:36 PM.

Comment

• NRico
                                • Aug 2019

Hm, just bought the Biltwell Whiskey throttle, perhaps I should have read this thread first :S

What kind of cable do you guys use with this? The standard Barnett throttle cables don't seem to fit, not enough inner cable exposure. Or do you make a custom length cable? (I have it installed on an Ironhead with a CV carb)

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;