Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cheesycracker
    • Feb 2016

47 offset vs 36 vl springer?

I'm not really well educated on springers, so I could use some advice here. I got this bike recently guy tells me its a 47 offset front end. He hit me up recently wanting to trade a 36 vl springer for my 47.. I just want to know who would be the winner in a straight trade on these?
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by cheesycracker
    I'm not really well educated on springers, so I could use some advice here. I got this bike recently guy tells me its a 47 offset front end. He hit me up recently wanting to trade a 36 vl springer for my 47.. I just want to know who would be the winner in a straight trade on these?
    Both are great front ends..... I've got both on bikes and I like them both.... One is worth about the same amount as the other.... It really comes down to which one you like the best???? The off set could be worth a little more to some people....

Be sure and check and see if it isn't worn out.... You might have to change the stem if it hasn't been changed to fit your bike....
    Last edited by Tattooo; 05-10-2016, 3:21 PM.

Comment

• cheesycracker
      • Feb 2016

Thanks for the response. I dig both front ends. I just don't want my lack of knowledge to put me on the losing end of a deal. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5952.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	331.6 KB
ID:	1290275 This is the offset I've got. actually been confused about it since i got it.. on the rear legs where those 2 ribs usually are toward the top my piece is solid. Any ideas about that?

Comment

• Tattooo
        • Sep 2012

I wouldn't swap.... The top tree and risers are worth about $1,500 by themselves if they are vintage and they look like they are..... I'd keep your bike like it is... It's awesome looking...... What about some more pics of your bike????

Comment

• 47str8leg
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Tattooo
          I wouldn't swap.... The top tree and risers are worth about $1,500 by themselves if they are vintage and they look like they are..... I'd keep your bike like it is... It's awesome looking...... What about some more pics of your bike????
          Those look like aftermarket risers , but I still wouldn't trade. Why invite a headache ? Yours is on and it works. Why play the neck stem game.

Comment

• Tattooo
            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by 47str8leg
            Those look like aftermarket risers ,

Yea that's why I asked for more pics.....

Comment

• Davestune
              • May 2014

Your front end is worth a lot of money
              Im looking for one........

Comment

• cheesycracker
                • Feb 2016

top clamp and risers are aftermaket unfortunately haha. I think I'll stick with what i'm running. Just wanted an educated opinion. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5951.jpg
Size:	308.4 KB
ID:	1290326 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5953.jpg
Size:	324.3 KB
ID:	1290327 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5950.jpg
Size:	317.0 KB
ID:	1290328

Comment

• Tattooo
                  • Sep 2012

top clamp and risers are aftermaket unfortunately haha. I think I'll stick with what i'm running. Just wanted an educated opinion.
                  That's a bad ass bike don't do a thing but ride the shit out of it...... But remember it's not a twin cam...... Ride it with some sense and it will last many more years.......

Comment

• cheesycracker
                    • Feb 2016

Thanks man! The engine is actually being re-built right now, she had an oil pump incident before I got her that caused a lot of un seen damage. We pulled the heads off to go through them and change push rods and some other pieces and ended up tearing the whole engine down.. turns out no oil feed will do a little damage! She'll be freshened up soon enough tho.

Comment

• Tattooo
                      • Sep 2012

Thanks man! The engine is actually being re-built right now, she had an oil pump incident before I got her that caused a lot of un seen damage. We pulled the heads off to go through them and change push rods and some other pieces and ended up tearing the whole engine down.. turns out no oil feed will do a little damage! She'll be freshened up soon enough tho.
                      Yea they don't need a lot of oil..... But no oil ain't no good...........

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                      Working...
                      ;