Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IanRydquist
    • Sep 2015

Turn signal wiring questions/issues on 2000 Softail

Yeah I know it's not the most choptacular thing ever but this is the only forum I'm a member of so I'm asking here. I'm getting a little wild with my 2000 Softail springer. I got rid of the ugly tank and center console, and put a mustang tank in its place. I swapped the rear fender and taillight with an LED tombstone with built in turn signals. I've also done some other stuff but its not relevant to my issue which is....After wiring up the new taillight (yes I installed load leveling resistors in paralell) my turn signals do not flash. They just stay on. I have regular incandescent bulbs on the front turns and they do the same thing. I tried wiring my old incandescent rear turn signals back in and they just stay on too. My hazards flash as they should when I press both buttons. Before the new taillight everything was working fine. The only thing that is not there anymore is the indicator (dummy lights) from my dash. I have removed that part of the wiring harness entirely. So my question to you if you are still with me is-Does removing those indicator lights from the dash mess with the turn signal system? Do I have an open circuit because it's not there anymore? Maybe I need to jumper something to trick ol' Ramona into thinking she still has indicators? Has anybody else removed that dash panel successfully? Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by IanRydquist; 05-05-2016, 12:01 AM.
  • Sky
    • Aug 2009

My first thought is to add an extra ground to that tail light housing and see what happens.
    Maybe the turn signal unit wants to see more load, like another pair of load resistors. Try putting them in up front

Comment

• IanRydquist
      • Sep 2015

Thanks Sky. Another pair of resistors at the front did the trick.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
      Working...
      ;