Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Webrat
    • Oct 2012

OVERQUALIFIED ??? please,,, fuck you

I am trying to move from the freakin high pressure shit I do every day for something with basically ZERO pressure.
    Within the same company. I "formally" applied yesterday and this morning had an email stating that I was NOT being considered.
    So,, with me being the pushy asshole that I am,,forwarded this to the manager who encouraged me to apply.
    I was kinda relieved to have him tell me to just come and talk to him as we had planned anyway.

Kinda made me feel better. I'm sick of SOP and everything about my position anymore. No gratitude,,, no "job well done",,no thanks at all for busting our asses to keep this fortune 50 company alive and competitive.
    If this doesn't work I do believe I will be shopping for something totally different from what I do.
    Maybe a cabinet shop or back to a small fab shop I used to work for a lot closer to home.

Kinda pisses me off,, oh well ,, just a rant
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Man I guess I can see where your coming from...... All they care about is profit...... Never have and never will..... That's life..... I can't say I've ever seen a no stress job... Good luck in your search..... Just remember it's not long before you can retire.......

Comment

• klondikekid64
      • Nov 2013

Yup.. nothing worse than busting a nut and not feeling the love for it, there is alot of ungratefull employers out there, I know it's a job and I don't need constant ball cupping but, recognition goes a long way. good luck.

Comment

• Webrat
        • Oct 2012

Thanks guys,,
        Wasn't looking for anything but a place to rant on how fukked up it is.
        There are actually quite a few options open but I really hate to "waste" all the years I have here.
        I mean a month vacation a year for one and a few other good perks, but if I'm not "happy",, then its all for nothing.
        Need to have to have the satisfaction of looking at a finished "project" and admiring everything that went into it.
        With what I do now all I see is 1s and zeroes,, which ain't all that cool to look at.

Comment

• Tattooo
          • Sep 2012

I didn't do anything that advanced when I was younger..... But when I was in my late 20s I went to work for myself restoring Corvettes..... I did that for 25 years.... That was enough of that shit..... But it was satisfying........... And the pay wasn't that bad....But no benefits... Other than the satisfaction of I don't have to answer to a fucking sole but god and I.......

Comment

• SlyJJ
            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Webrat
            I am trying to move from the freakin high pressure shit I do every day for something with basically ZERO pressure.
            Within the same company. I "formally" applied yesterday and this morning had an email stating that I was NOT being considered.
            So,, with me being the pushy asshole that I am,,forwarded this to the manager who encouraged me to apply.
            I was kinda relieved to have him tell me to just come and talk to him as we had planned anyway.

Kinda made me feel better. I'm sick of SOP and everything about my position anymore. No gratitude,,, no "job well done",,no thanks at all for busting our asses to keep this fortune 50 company alive and competitive.
            If this doesn't work I do believe I will be shopping for something totally different from what I do.
            Maybe a cabinet shop or back to a small fab shop I used to work for a lot closer to home.

Kinda pisses me off,, oh well ,, just a rant
            Sounds like more bullshit word salad. There exists no such thing as "over" qualified. One either is or isn't qualified. The idea and suggestion of the word "qualified" is to suggest that there exists a minimum amount of perfection one is willing to not go beyond....

So take that shit and turn it around on them. If they claim that you're overqualified that means to suggest they're attempting to water down or lessen the quality of their product (whatever that product might be) and said person with their bullshit word salad rebuttals is now a threat to said business and should now be considered a saboteur... Make sure you ask the guys full name and position before disclosing this to him....

You can then take to social media or corporate headquarters to spread the word because you're American and you're proud of the shit we make or whatever.... This will paint you a hero and them as a misery businessman (as if we didn't know this already...) whos willing to sell out the company and its products for personal gain.
            Last edited by SlyJJ; 05-04-2016, 8:45 AM.

Comment

• Dowski
              • Apr 2016

Wow thanks for bringing me down, I just took a new job where I wont be a technical guy any more so I can go figure out how to improve processes. Sounds like I may be looking at boring city. Oops all well gonna check it out anyhow. Good Luck moving on Webrat.

Comment

• Webrat
                • Oct 2012

Interesting perspective,,, needs more thought

Comment

• Webrat
                  • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Dowski
                  Wow thanks for bringing me down, I just took a new job where I wont be a technical guy any more so I can go figure out how to improve processes. Sounds like I may be looking at boring city. Oops all well gonna check it out anyhow. Good Luck moving on Webrat.
                  Wasn't trying to bring anyone "down".
                  It's just I have been in the IT field for 25 years total and I need a change without running the gamut of dead-applying or sending out hundreds of resumes.
                  Shit,,, I would be happy just doing maintenance. Had an extensive construction background before taking up the "family trade" of the IT industry.
                  Between myself,,my dad and my son. We have a combined total of almost a century in the industry,, and to me it just isn't what I want anymore. I need to have some sense of "satisfaction"upon completion of an issue.
                  It just isn't there and it never stops.

Comment

• Rubman
                    • Dec 2011

Ahhh, don't sweat it, man. I'd kill for your setup!

Do what you gotta do to make ends meet, and hang out a few more years until you can retire, brother. No big deal at all!

Comment

• Webrat
                      • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Rubman
                      Ahhh, don't sweat it, man. I'd kill for your setup!

Do what you gotta do to make ends meet, and hang out a few more years until you can retire, brother. No big deal at all!
                      That's the plan brother,,,hey,,, ya just missed me in Philly last week,,,I was busy as hell tho.
                      But a member here DID bring me a set of apes for my ride,,, which were exactly the size I was hunting for. No charge,,,
                      But I bought a coupla rounds and rolled one up,,, alls good there.
                      Nice to see ya back

Comment

• farmall
                        • Apr 2013

Find a hobby you enjoy that complements other shit you enjoy, stash dat money, and apply a moderate dose of apathy to your job. Subtle passive resistance is an art of its own.

Americans are taught to be martyrs to companies who give a homeopathic amount of shit about them. Nope, nope, nope....

Life is a shit sandwich so the more bread you have the less shit you taste

Industrial maintenance is mad fun as you know (I did it for a few years), and you habla computers. Maybe mechatronics would be your thing. Tech reps can make fat bank fixing CNC gear, a lot more than the poor button pushers who break it.

Comment

• mrhammer2u
                          • Sep 2015

I hate my shitty job as well,...but it pays good so I'm sort of trapped. I quit a year back and went in a totally different direction kinda like you're looking to do. More fun, less stress, but of course...LESS PAY. After about 5 months I had to go back to my original to keep up with the bills/lifestyle.

Maybe you're just in a rut. Sounds like you need a vacation to reset.

Comment

• klondikekid64
                            • Nov 2013

Or look at it like gaining usable knowledge, and take what you can from the job, and move on later if you have to, and use that to move up to a better $$ wise position or better job psition, I always tried to do jobs that interested me, and gave me the insight/knowedge to be able to that on the side/fulltime if needed.

Comment

• Webrat
                              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by mrhammer2u
                              I hate my shitty job as well,...but it pays good so I'm sort of trapped. I quit a year back and went in a totally different direction kinda like you're looking to do. More fun, less stress, but of course...LESS PAY. After about 5 months I had to go back to my original to keep up with the bills/lifestyle.

Maybe you're just in a rut. Sounds like you need a vacation to reset.
                              ================================================== ==
                              THATS IT !!!!!!! I do believe
                              (in my best Charlie Brown voice)
                              Been over a year since I had any time off except to deal with 80+ year old parents stuff.
                              I am feeling that may just be what I need, ,,,vanish for a week or so,,,blow a lot of rounds off and sip on some shine.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;