Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Motorradfahrer
    • Aug 2009

Recommend me a springer

Does anyone make springers that are similar to the old Ness springers? Recommend me any companies/people that currently make springers.

Thank you.
  • jamartin0519
    • May 2010

I've heard good things about Acme Choppers springers. I was going to go that route however I ended up going for a girder setup from Voodoo Vintage and couldn't be happier.

Comment

• Motorradfahrer
      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by jamartin0519
      I've heard good things about Acme Choppers springers. I was going to go that route however I ended up going for a girder setup from Voodoo Vintage and couldn't be happier.
      Nice! The Acme Choppers springer is exactly what I'm looking for. What's the deal with their website?

Comment

• shortpork
        • Feb 2016

Originally posted by Motorradfahrer
        Nice! The Acme Choppers springer is exactly what I'm looking for. What's the deal with their website?
        dunno say forbidden when I check it out

Comment

• Motorradfahrer
          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by shortpork
          dunno say forbidden when I check it out
          Same thing happens for me.

Comment

• Viking006
            • Apr 2016

Forbidden to me also, and their facebook page hasn't been updated for awhile.

Comment

• jamartin0519
              • May 2010

Strange.....mine said forbidden as well.

Comment

• shitsnack
                • Sep 2012

Phares Cycle Parts looks to be making some springers right now. Also Visionary Cycle Products carries a high quality springer from Europe. I'd check those two out.

Comment

• Motorradfahrer
                  • Aug 2009

Bummer, Acme Choppers doesn't make springers anymore. Too bad; they looked great.

Comment

• SlyJJ
                    • Mar 2015

I'm not sure the exact "look" you're going for, but try Chad at pearsons customs. He custom makes every springer off the measurements you give him. They tend to look a little more robust than usual- a quick google of Acme springers shows a smaller wishbone- chads are same diameter throughout but he could probably make whatever you want.

I used one for my chop build that I completed labor day. Went with him because they looked so beefy and robust it kinda fit the theme of my bike. I've got a 40 degree rake and 2 inch upstretch so my springer rings in at about 12" over. Never had any pogo, never had any pieces loosen up, and I actually hit a couch on I-95 at 55mph that sent me about 3 feet in the air- didn't so much as loosen a nut on the front end. Needless to say I'm quite pleased with it, and I'm mostly likely having his build me another once I get to that stage on my shovel chop...

Comment

• boomboomthump
                      • Oct 2013

Pretty sure he (Pearson) posted recently that he's not going to be making anymore springers for the foreseeable future. Hadn't heard that ACME stopped making them too.

If you like a Ness/Century style springer Gary (Chopperhandbook guy) can build you one. He's the only one I know of that makes a fork that mimics a Ness. Check out his "California" style springer.

Everything else mentioned in this thread is nothing like what you asked for (Ness style).

Comment

• ruckus2115
                        • Jan 2010

^^checked out their website and their dick allen style springers look legit. I wouldnt mind having a boomboomthump custom springer...your killing it

Comment

• SlyJJ
                          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by boomboomthump
                          Pretty sure he (Pearson) posted recently that he's not going to be making anymore springers for the foreseeable future. Hadn't heard that ACME stopped making them too.

If you like a Ness/Century style springer Gary (Chopperhandbook guy) can build you one. He's the only one I know of that makes a fork that mimics a Ness. Check out his "California" style springer.

Everything else mentioned in this thread is nothing like what you asked for (Ness style).
                          No shit? I've had such a great experience with his product- its a shame. Otherwise I'm thinking of a denvers springer twisted front end. I think that'll look good on a shovel....

Comment

• Motorradfahrer
                            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by boomboomthump

Thank you for the link, boomboomthump. That is the exact style I am looking for.

I messaged ACME Choppers via instagram; I was told that they no longer make springers.

Comment

• Smiley
                              • Jun 2012

All the work we do at Wylie Choppers parts is custom but we do make good repops of the old Ness front end, both early and late as well as several versions of Dicks old forks. We can also make replacement parts for almost all Springers make back in the sixties and seventies.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;