X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ADP91
    • Jul 2015

BSA A10 in A65 frame

Hi there,

I've been collecting parts for a BSA A10 engine build and the opportunity to purchase a roller a65 chopper has arisen.

My question is: can an a10 engine and gearbox fit in an a65 frame?

I am comfortable fabricating in new engine mounts just curious if anyone has done this or if there would be clearance/ space issues.

Cheers
  • beat
    • Apr 2016

when you say eng & gearbox are you talking about a pre-unit motor & trans?
    if so i dont know the answer.
    if your talking about a unit 500 to 650 than yes they will fit into the other frame. i have a 650 in a 500 frame

Comment

• ADP91
      • Jul 2015

Yea I'm proposing to put a pre unit setup in an a65 frame

Comment

• farmall
        • Apr 2013

The pre-unit drivetrain is larger. Compare pics of both motorcycles and both frames side-by-side.

Is the roller dirt cheap? Does it have a title? Does it have desirable parts?

The frame dimensions for both BSAs are easily found online and you can decide how much cutting and fab is worthwhile.

http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=61952 shows A65 dimensions.

Sounds like a fun project.

Comment

• ADP91
          • Jul 2015

Awesome thank you for the link. The roller in quite cheap and has a sweet 6" over fork so I think it will be worth the effort. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 8.09.28 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	1290120

Originally posted by farmall
          The pre-unit drivetrain is larger. Compare pics of both motorcycles and both frames side-by-side.

Is the roller dirt cheap? Does it have a title? Does it have desirable parts?

The frame dimensions for both BSAs are easily found online and you can decide how much cutting and fab is worthwhile.

http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=61952 shows A65 dimensions.

Sounds like a fun project.

Comment

• farmall
            • Apr 2013

Even if on inspectiion it ain't worth the hassle, there's no harm in having an A65 roller since you can toss a unit engine into it if needed.

We want pics for science of whatever you do, including mocking up the pre-unit in the unit frame.

The motorcycle world is getting down to the "dregs" of old Britbikes like the car guys are with old cars.

That means more creativity to use the last of what is available and choppers are a fine way to ride what could not be restored.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...