Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justinsteube
    • Aug 2015

2014 Iron 883 won't start just backfires

Yesterday a buddy of mine with a 48 came over - we wanted to swap tanks.

I went ahead and popped both tanks off real quick, threw mine on his bike - and he left with no problems. I quickly threw his tank on my bike and started it because he wanted to hear how my pipes sounded, started up just fine so I turned it off rolled my bike back into the garage. before I started it up, I noticed that my header bolts were a bit loose so I tightened it up and called it a night.

This morning, I came back to the bike, tightened up the headers bolts, buttoned everything back up, and now it won't start at all. It just sits there and cranks and backfires really bad. I rechecked the connecter that comes from the fuel pump and it was tight, the gas line is connected securely... Now I just have no idea why my bike just continues to backfire and won't turn over....

any help would be appreciated
  • farmall
    • Apr 2013

Basic troubleshooting suggests returning the bike to its previous condition for test, no matter how odd that may seem. I'd connect the original tank and if the problem is fixed, the defect is somewhere in the components within the other tank.

Comment

• Tattooo
      • Sep 2012

Is it getting gas through those secure connections?????? Are both bikes the same type carbs ect........

Comment

• justinsteube
        • Aug 2015

Ha - when I put the new tank on I had to adjust my coil / ignition bracket. Realized I switched the spark plug cables... Haha

Thanks for your replies fellas.

Shut 'er down.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;