Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • factoryReset
    • Apr 2015

1st Full Build from a slacker mechanic!

1st build and 1st bike! I may have taken on a big task but with my knowledge I believe that I can build a bike just good as any shop can. 1st up , my Craigslist score is a 1979cb750 DOHC for 250 clams complete bike and title! My budget is unlimited and time ,who knows. I will let ya'll know what is going on and with pics throughout my build and open to suggestions and any information or knowledge....keep posted
    Attached Files
  • factoryReset
    • Apr 2015

Today I was able to unload my engine at my uncle's sho p. Before today ends I will have everything off the frame..will post pics soon

Comment

• factoryReset
      • Apr 2015

having problems posting pics but will get them on soon. I almost got frame stripped of all things. .... A little info on the route I am going with this build is a updated cafe racer type bike. I will be using stock tank, updated forks, I want to use wire wheels and a built engine. I lots of ideas but just a little slow going but I will have pics up soon and updates&pics of parts and stuff when they arrive. Stay tuned!

Comment

• WarMullet
        • Apr 2016

Holy hell mate. You got a bloody junk yard in your bed. But there is no finer feeling than knowing you saved this thing from a ruthless redneck. Like one of those fucked up Sara McClaclin commercials. My first rescue was a 84 VF1100 Magna. She was plenty abused but 3 months of neglecting my spouse and 2 parts bikes got it road worth. Loved every cut and bruise I got wrenching.

Any ideas what your lookin to do?

BTW I use photo bucket to host my pics. The site seems to go down a bunch but they give you links for your pics that all you have to do is copy and paste into your post. Welcome to the forum mate.
        Last edited by WarMullet; 04-28-2016, 8:03 PM.

Comment

• Westboundbiker
          • Oct 2014

Another image host option is Imgur.

Comment

• factoryReset
            • Apr 2015

update pics

Here are my pix that I have been trying to upload. Had extra time and done a little bit taking more stuff off frame. A little background on bike, found on Craigslist for 250bux with title, I guess PO was in over his head is reason why he was selling...
            Attached Files

Comment

• factoryReset
              • Apr 2015

thanx warMullet & westboundbiker....it was my service! I am wanting the gold color sportbike frontend, stock tank is going to be a gunmetal grey color and something different for the frame, which I will be Cerakote the entire frame USMC Red color! I haven't seen this done on a frame yet, *fingers crossed *

Comment

• shortpork
                • Feb 2016

Originally posted by factoryReset
                thanx warMullet & westboundbiker....it was my service! I am wanting the gold color sportbike frontend, stock tank is going to be a gunmetal grey color and something different for the frame, which I will be Cerakote the entire frame USMC Red color! I haven't seen this done on a frame yet, *fingers crossed *
                Are you gonna use the gun coating or the ceramic high temp shit? Really curious to see the results. Do you know how durable that stuff is compared to paint?

Comment

• WarMullet
                  • Apr 2016

Originally posted by shortpork
                  Are you gonna use the gun coating or the ceramic high temp shit? Really curious to see the results. Do you know how durable that stuff is compared to paint?
                  That ceracote is pretty durable shit. My unit authorized us to do up our rifles before my second deployment and God knows I beat the piss out of my M4 crawling up MTNs and shit. Not a bad idea, bet that's gonna get costly though.

Another thing I havnt seen yet is ceramic coat exhausts to keep em from rusting. But that marine maroon color would look good with a brushed tank IMO. Just a thought.

Comment

• shortpork
                    • Feb 2016

Yeah I wanna see how some pipes look after putting a few hundred miles on em

Comment

• factoryReset
                      • Apr 2015

update pics

Got some stuff to clean tank and to strip frame down to primer. I called Cerakote company which is NCI Inc and they told me that there is an air-dry and oven cure and there is no difference between the two after curing, they both are durable. Also I will clear coat for the high gloss. tank is going to be gun metal grey color ,will show pix soon as it gets done
                      Attached Files

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                      Working...
                      ;