Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scottyd
    • Mar 2013

Help identifying a evo sporty electrical plug route

I need some help piecing together an electrical system for an 97 evo sportster I'm building. I have everything I need im pretty sure, voltage regulator, VOES, coil, ignition switch, cam position sensor.

The only thing I'm missing now is the electronic control module.

If I'm not mistaken according to the factory wiring diagram the cam position sensor is connected to the electronic control module. I looked up the module and its a square plug and the plug coming from the cam position plug is a triangle...

Is there something I'm missing in between that connects the two together?

If anyone can give me details or reference as to what I'm missing Id appreciate it.
  • Sky
    • Aug 2009

Probably the stock wiring harness. Why do you have to use the stock style plugs? Twist and tape would works as long as the wires are going to the right places, not that i recommend anything that crude...

If your willing to spend money on an ignition module, I would suggest you go aftermarket instead.
    You can get an adjustable module that replaces the stock box and mounts in the stock spot. (And uses the stock pickup).
    Or a stand alone ignition that fits in the cone with a lot less wires to futz with.
    like a Dyna -S with weights (no more voes) or go full electronic with one of the many ignitions available.

Comment

• scottyd
      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Sky
      Probably the stock wiring harness. Why do you have to use the stock style plugs? Twist and tape would works as long as the wires are going to the right places, not that i recommend anything that crude...

If your willing to spend money on an ignition module, I would suggest you go aftermarket instead.
      You can get an adjustable module that replaces the stock box and mounts in the stock spot. (And uses the stock pickup).
      Or a stand alone ignition that fits in the cone with a lot less wires to futz with.
      like a Dyna -S with weights (no more voes) or go full electronic with one of the many ignitions available.
      Thanks for the info sky.
      I like to have everything unplug-able, so using the existing factory plugs is easy and reassuring compared to but connectors and tape.

I don't have a module so either way I will be buying one. You're probably right and better off going with aftermarket anyways.

I was hoping that someone on here could give me the info I was looking for about the two connections being different but supposedly plug together.

just to make sure Im not missing anything in my system before I move on.

Comment

• Sky
        • Aug 2009

You can always order up whatever connectors you want. The stock ones are listed in the back of the parts book.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;