Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dylonwuzhere
    • Dec 2014

New Ultima Dual Fire Ignition install issues HELP PLEASE

Finishing up on my 98 evo sport chopper. Rewired the whole bike. Installed new Ultima Dual Fire Ignition - Dual Fire/Single Coil set up. Wires are all ran through frame. Using 12g cloth covered copper wire. Correct ohms Coil. Bike turns over but no fire and the red LED light on the new ignition has a steady blink. Instructions says:

"If the status LED flashes rapidly when the engine is not running, an over-current or short circuit fault is indicated."

I've looked over everything twice and can't figure the issue. I'm also aware I still have to time the bike but I was thinking I had to have the bike running do to the timing??
  • Jessechop
    • Jan 2012

Are you switching the white wire?

Comment

• StuckIn1979
      • Dec 2015

I can't remember the colors of the wires at the moment. But if you are not running a tach (maybe green or yellow wire) or VOES (maybe purple), make sure the wires for those are insulated and not grounding out. If that solves the blinking red light issue, then
      Static time it before you start the engine. Get the front cylinder to TDC, then turn unit clockwise until the red light just goes off. Hope you get it sorted out..

Comment

• Sky
        • Aug 2009

Use a multi meter and ohm out those wires! I bet there's a short in there.
        Running wires through the frame requires extra care. De-burring holes, extra insulation/conduit, specific color coding, grommets.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;