Clear All
  • Bear
    • Apr 2012

Click image for larger version

Name:	GDwinners.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	1290465
    Selecting the 12 builders to be part of the Greasy Dozen Builder Collective is one of the hardest things we do each year. Below are the 12 lucky builders that will receive gift certificates and loot from our generous sponsors. All that is asked in return is that you spread the joy of garage building with the masses! There is not one winner, all 12 of you are the winners! Showcasing your build and promoting grassroots garage building of 2 wheeled freedom machines is what this is all about! -Bear
    @chijervintagebikeworks @rangerleather @backporchchoppers @signaturecustoms_speedandcycle @anguspattison__ @darrylrotten @zanecook @partycigarettes @el_guy @barnsandrubble @bueribboncycles @dexterouseng
    Lucky 13th is @rowdy_house
    Thank you to all that took the time to enter! We hope that you too will help spread the garage builder gospel and continue to showcase your build with the hashtag ‪#‎greasydozenbuildercollective2016‬ and attend the Greasy Dozen run September 23-24, 2016
    Special thanks to our generous sponsors!
    @biltwell @burlybrand @chopcult @cyclesourcemagazine @indianlarrymotorcycles @kickstartcycle @kundratickutoms @ledsledcustoms @lowbrowcustoms @lowside_magazine@oldbikebarn @show_class_mag @sscycle @speeddealer @triplesixcrewdeathcompany @wrenchmagazine

Comment

• ChiJersVintageBikeWorks
      • Jan 2015

Holy shit I'm excited! Thanks so much

Comment

• Bear
        • Apr 2012

Ok Builders, today we have been compiling the info from everyone via direct message on IG.
        Expect some follow up communication about some of the rad support you will receive from sponsors in the coming days!

Looking forward to seeing more shots of you builds in progress!

-Bear

Comment

• cbhench2015
          • Aug 2015

Eff yeah. Excited and thankful to be a part of this! Can't wait to see everyones builds.

Comment

• Bear
            • Apr 2012

Hey y'all Bear here I have been in touch with each of you via Instagram direct message. We are gona get through the Fuel Cleveland show and get some more things moving next week. It takes a few weeks to collect up all the addresses and create gift certificates and such. If you have questions about this years Greasy Dozen Builder Collective drop me a DM in IG.

-Bear

Comment

• Jan 2015

I was going to post here with the newest photos, but I am on wrong computer
              Last edited by ChiJersVintageBikeWorks; 05-31-2016, 7:01 AM.

Comment

• Lowhigh
                • Apr 2016

Iron Head build

Powder and paint finished (?) ready for some motor cleanup and time to reassemble F N excited.
                Attached Files

Comment

• cornerworker
                  • Mar 2015

Damn, I didnt make the cut. I guess I will have to build something better next year.

Comment

• Jan 2015

SR500 update.
                    well a lot of us builders have gotten in touch with one another and are swapping parts or services, that's what it is all about. couldn't be happier to be part of this true collective.
                    so, the bike
                    the motor is done. a lot of parts back from powder. scored some NOS period correct cheng shin tires. love them
                    got the speedster bars on and the front is all rebuilt. rear wheel is done.
                    the ward riverside tank has been sliced, diced, and welded shut to fit the bike. some special mounts on the front and back. added some rubber cushions to raise it off the frame.
                    the seat has been mounted, easy to just weld on some inch bar stock and drill holes.
                    every bearing has been replaced by all balls hardware. love that! could've done without the trouble of getting the front wheel bearing out. fixed that with a basic concrete driver from the depot. more saving
                    more doing.

Name:	IMG_0074.JPG
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	1291784Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0076.JPG
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	1291785Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0097.jpg
Size:	294.3 KB
ID:	1291786

Comment

• Jan 2015

Name:	13398472_1176338982398665_316135905_n.jpg
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	1291787Click image for larger version

Name:	13437354_267369723621490_2066201550_n.jpg
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	1291788Click image for larger version

Name:	13549405_268463060188080_539763828_n.jpg
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	1291789
                      thanks to the vendors/ suporters!! got an email from bear and am going to be filling my mailbox with great products!
                      have to hoop and clean up some welds on the frame, then it and the speedster bars are off to powder as well
                      exhaust after that,
                      like minded builder in Lousvile (KC Kustoms) has volunteered his paint services to me (kind of, I gave him some rd350 parts including a titled frame.)

Comment

• ADP91
                        • Jul 2015

Originally posted by ChiJersVintageBikeWorks
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]70861[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]70862[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]70863[/ATTACH]
                        thanks to the vendors/ suporters!! got an email from bear and am going to be filling my mailbox with great products!
                        have to hoop and clean up some welds on the frame, then it and the speedster bars are off to powder as well
                        exhaust after that,
                        like minded builder in Lousvile (KC Kustoms) has volunteered his paint services to me (kind of, I gave him some rd350 parts including a titled frame.)
                        Build is looking great! I'm loving the paint on the tank.

I just finished an SR so if you have any assembly questions hit me up.

Comment

• ADP91
                          • Jul 2015

GreasyDozen2016 Build Update

Hey all thought I'd give an update on the pre unit BSA chop.

So far things are moving along nicely. The engine is very close to being mounted in the A65 unit frame and it is about to go to the machine shop to have bushings and tolerances checked. The custom triple tree is almost finished. Seat is being stitched onto the new seat pan and the tank is getting raised. Installing the bob newbly open belt drive primary tonight!

I'm still missing conrods and a few odds and ends but hopefully they will all come together in time for the GDR!

Thanks again to bear @oldbikebarn for including me in the GDC. Big thanks to all the sponsors (Biltwell, Indian Larry, Genuine Motorworks, Lowbrow) I can't stress how great it feels to get support from them to help do what I love most. Special thanks to Bob and Elisa Seeger for their generous support!

ADP.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by ADP91; 07-11-2016, 7:59 AM.

Comment

• TXRanger
                            • Jan 2014

The support I've gotten so far has been HUGE, not only from the awesome event sponsors like Old Bike Barn, Biltwell, Indian Larry Motorcycles, and Genuine Motorworks, but also from the other participants, past and present.

So here's where I'm at on my little xs650 project:

I got the motor mounts nailed down:

Name:	front mount from side.jpg
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	1291818Click image for larger version

Name:	lower mount.jpg
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	1291819Click image for larger version

Name:	rear mounts left.jpg
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	1291820

Got the coils rough-mounted

Name:	coil mount.jpg
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	1291821

And I've been working on my aluminum prism/coffin/diamond/whatever tank

Name:	paper tank 2.jpg
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	1291822

I've been pretty good about putting up updates on Instagram @rangerleather... but I'll be better about putting them here also.

Comment

• Bear
                              • Apr 2012

10 WEEKS AWAY Full details on the Greasy Dozen Run!

Important date change!
                              September is a hard month with so many great events going on like the Gypsy Run, The Indian Larry Block Party and The Brooklynn invitational we have moved the date for the GD Run to avoid any conflicts. With 10 weeks to go I hope you can all adjust for that! Pre-party will be Friday September 30th with musical guests Ride to Ruin, and the run will the next day Saturday Oct 1st at noon! Full details at www.thegreasydozenrun.com

Full details a www.thegreasydozenrun.com

Greasy Dozen Run 2016

Here we go again!

In honor of the builders efforts, brands and followers of The Greasy Dozen, we will once again put on a corn boil and bon fire at my bro Dale's farm. Riders will be treated to a well-researched rip though some of Ohio's best back roads. The Greasy Dozen Run remains a traditional, intimate gathering of like minded folks for a great Friday pre-party and Saturday ride. Festivities include camp out complete with free corn boil, free tenting and free people. Grassroots builders and riders kicking it, for a down home season finisher!

All brands of cycles are welcome!

PRE PARTY: Friday Night September 30th at the start point 7-10pm 1454 North Grant Ave. at the Compound Columbus Ohio Door Prizes and swag! Musical Guests will be Ride To Ruin and we'll all roll out to a local watering hole afterward.

SATURDAY GROUP RIDE: Departs October 1st at 12 Noon from The Rice Paddy Compound 1454 North Grant Ave. Columbus Ohio rain, shine or winds through the country side to the Clark Family farm at 1620 Cuckoo Rd. Peebles Ohio 45660

P.S. There will be a CASH prize of $500 for the rider that rides the longest distance to attend + swag and door prizes at the pre-party along with awards at the run!
                              Last edited by Bear; 07-13-2016, 4:40 PM.

Comment

• Jan 2015

an extra week rocks! although my heart sank a bit when you said 10 weeks. That seems so damn short to me.
                                so.......things are progressing pretty quickly over here.
                                tank and seat are off to paint. Frame is done and is off to powder today along with the speedster bars.
                                I snagged some awesome goods from Indian Larry Motorcycles- including the much needed coffee mug (metal too, so wife doesn't get upset when I drop one in garage) I snagged some leather riding gloves from Genuine Motor Works. The girls over there, Elisa and Bianca are awesome! Biltwell hooked me up with a mini muffler. It looks stellar, sure it will sound just as good. it works out perfectly so that I don't need to shorten the header at all. I wrapped it yesterday on my lunch break.

Name:	IMG_0430.jpg
Size:	285.4 KB
ID:	1291908Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0434.jpg
Size:	289.8 KB
ID:	1291909Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0461.jpg
Size:	286.5 KB