CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

SIZE=4]URGENT Press release..... Urgent press release.....[/SIZE]

The Chopper Alliance is announcing that it has hired the legendary bounty hunter Boba Fett for procuring raw material, parts and accessories relative to The Greasy Dozen Garage Builder Collective 2016.

Commenting from an undisclosed location Boba Fett said "with my extensive network of pirates, traders, smugglers and bandits we should have no problem getting the parts the alliance will need"
    Stating also that its no longer about sides but now its about joining together to combat the "Hipster Imperials"

The alliance taking this as one last chance to finally defeat the flannel side, is ready to start work immediately on what is sure the be a bucket of bolts that will rival the Millennium Falcon.

As work hastens Han Solo can be heard shouting that he will "believe it when he sees it."

The Alliance hopes build a long chop. The idea is to use a balance of home fabricated parts, boutique items as well as items from some of the bigger guys (lowbrow, biltwell etc. you know to keep the Trade Federation happy) as well as re purposed parts.

Updates on Bobba Fett's progress as well as how the alliance is coming will be done on FRIDAYS mainly though Instagram but
    also through this forum as major event happen. follow @303eric

Pictured below is a rouge stormtrooper with one of the first items on the bounty, 20 over Denvers wishbone springer.
    "had a hellva time getting this thing in the back of tie fighter" said the unnamed trooper.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160519_144405859.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	322.5 KB 
ID:	69752

Default 1980 Ironhead Short Chop Category

First build. Short chop category. Actually, I honestly started this bike with a Boba Fett theme. Green paint with a red caliper and I tried to bend the sissy bar to be the shape of a rocket on his jetpack. A lot of my ideas for that didn't work out and I just kind of let it evolve how it did. Anyways, I'll keep this from being long winded so here's some pictures.

Bought her just like this.

Got it home. Time to figure out what I can and can't use.

Tore down the motor and rebuilt it over the course of a few months. Lots more photos of this process but I'll keep it short and sweet.

All done. Got a cool little decal made up for the primary.

Welded on a David Bird Bolt-On hardtail.

Bending up a sissy bar.

First mockups

Mocked up and liking how it sits.

Time to make some pipes. Glad they came out how I envisioned them.

Test ride before I tear down for paint.

Just thought this chick was cool so I froze her in carbonite and slapped her on the front.

A buddy taking it out for one of its first rides.

All done. Still some loose ends to tie up. Chasing some oil leaks. Need to finish some wiring. Axle problem. It'll get there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails e32Yd3u.jpg  
    Last edited by Squeeber; 05-20-2016 at 1:11 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Name:	IMG_20160520_191714758_HDR.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	314.1 KB 
ID:	69783

Part two

With Boba Fett still at a hidden location the Chopper Alliance has been left wondering their next move.

At seemingly the most desperate hour an anonymous bounty hunter brought in the most key piece.

Santee frame 38 degree rake two up three out.
    Fits the springer nicely

The only thing the bounty hunters don't have a line on is wheels.

Hopefully something will present itself shorty.

Still in parts hunting mode, not sure how this will go...I do have a picture in my mind...hope I get picked....
    Thank you
    Peace, Love and Choppers

#greasydozenbuildercollective2016
    #oldbikebarn
    #lowbrowcustoms
    #biltwell
    #lovethychopper
    #chopcult
    #33er

Get Adobe Flash player

Taking next week off work, so I can overcome workplace burnout - by putting in more shop time! Hopefully by the end of the week I'll have the brake caliper mounts done, and do frame paint & final assembly. With that done, I can bolt in the engine, start work on wiring, exhaust, intake, tune up, etc.
    Last edited by 53Bash; 05-21-2016 at 8:18 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Just a few hours left guys!

Get them entries in while you still can! Looking for another Street Tracker!

-Bear

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Iron head build

Rear fender pin stripe. Tank should be done this weekend. #greasydozenbuildercollective2016
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 201605089520102895resized.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Just a few hours left guys!

Get them entries in while you still can! Looking for another Street Tracker!

-Bear
    Whats up guys. So, a street tracker:

Quick back story. Bought this a little over a year ago and "finished" it in October last year. Where I promptly(5 days after I took it off my lift) got taken out by a driver in a benz making a hard right. From the left lane. While I was in the right lane. Bike and I went down not going too fast, around 40, but I got plenty of rash and right side of bike got tore up. I couldnt wear a shoe for 2 weeks. So, bike went back on the lift. I wanted to throw in a big bore kit and sort some of the details out. Its coming back off the lift soon and Im working on the headlight on my diningroom table at the moment.

‪#‎greasydozenbuildercollective2016

Some build highlights:
    Its an 80 XS650
    750 kit with mild port clean up, new gaskets etc
    Brembo calipers from a monster all the way around
    Floating rotors all the way around
    XS400 18" front wheel with dual disks
    Airbag out back(only XS with an airbag that I can think of)
    Bellcrank under engine with rear shock located upfront between the downtubes, connected to rear swing arm with drag link.
    Swing arm stretched and underbraced.
    Dual stainless undertail reverse cone mufflers
    DLC coated forks
    Hydraulic clutch
    Midsets
    Lots of other stuff, but Ill just post some photos:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1425.jpg   1451.jpg   1572.jpg   1646.jpg   1755.jpg  

Last edited by Dyrden; 05-21-2016 at 3:36 PM.

And a few more photos: (the one where its sitting on the street was a couple of days before it was wrecked.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2072.JPG   1866.JPG   1974.jpg   1780.jpg   2173.jpg  

Finally, here's the headlight I'm working on and the motor with big jugs. Big jugs are good.

I also read the rules now incase I'm forgetting something. All work is done by me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1892.jpg   2195.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

Just got back from the Mon Calimari shipyard. Dialing in the geometry adjustments and checking if I need to do any machining to get the setup I want. Was able to dial it perfect without any need to cut.

With the trail dialed in, that front wheel is nice and snug to the shock. Nobody builds em like a squid, eh?

Rake: 20 degrees
    Trail: 3.5"
    Wheelbase: 57" (same as stock)

Looks like I won't have the money for the trip to CA, so a trip to Ohio might be do-able.
    Last edited by 53Bash; 05-21-2016 at 7:57 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Name:	GDwinners.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	69813
    Selecting the 12 builders to be part of the Greasy Dozen Builder Collective is one of the hardest things we do each year. Below are the 12 lucky builders that will receive gift certificates and loot from our generous sponsors. All that is asked in return is that you spread the joy of garage building with the masses! There is not one winner, all 12 of you are the winners! Showcasing your build and promoting grassroots garage building of 2 wheeled freedom machines is what this is all about! -Bear
    @chijervintagebikeworks @rangerleather @backporchchoppers @signaturecustoms_speedandcycle @anguspattison__ @darrylrotten @zanecook @partycigarettes @el_guy @barnsandrubble @bueribboncycles @dexterouseng
    Lucky 13th is @rowdy_house
    Thank you to all that took the time to enter! We hope that you too will help spread the garage builder gospel and continue to showcase your build with the hashtag ‪#‎greasydozenbuildercollective2016‬ and attend the Greasy Dozen run September 23-24, 2016
    Special thanks to our generous sponsors!
    @biltwell @burlybrand @chopcult @cyclesourcemagazine @indianlarrymotorcycles @kickstartcycle @kundratickutoms @ledsledcustoms @lowbrowcustoms @lowside_magazine@oldbikebarn @show_class_mag @sscycle @speeddealer @triplesixcrewdeathcompany @wrenchmagazine

Get Adobe Flash player

Holy shit I'm excited! Thanks so much

Get Adobe Flash player

Ok Builders, today we have been compiling the info from everyone via direct message on IG.
    Expect some follow up communication about some of the rad support you will receive from sponsors in the coming days!

Looking forward to seeing more shots of you builds in progress!

-Bear

Eff yeah. Excited and thankful to be a part of this! Can't wait to see everyones builds.

Get Adobe Flash player

Hey y'all Bear here I have been in touch with each of you via Instagram direct message. We are gona get through the Fuel Cleveland show and get some more things moving next week. It takes a few weeks to collect up all the addresses and create gift certificates and such. If you have questions about this years Greasy Dozen Builder Collective drop me a DM in IG.

-Bear

Get Adobe Flash player

I was going to post here with the newest photos, but I am on wrong computer
    Last edited by ChiJersVintageBikeWorks; 05-31-2016 at 7:01 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Iron Head build

Powder and paint finished (?) ready for some motor cleanup and time to reassemble F N excited.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF2622.jpg   DSCF2629.jpg  

Damn, I didnt make the cut. I guess I will have to build something better next year.

Get Adobe Flash player

SR500 update.
    well a lot of us builders have gotten in touch with one another and are swapping parts or services, that's what it is all about. couldn't be happier to be part of this true collective.
    so, the bike
    the motor is done. a lot of parts back from powder. scored some NOS period correct cheng shin tires. love them
    got the speedster bars on and the front is all rebuilt. rear wheel is done.
    the ward riverside tank has been sliced, diced, and welded shut to fit the bike. some special mounts on the front and back. added some rubber cushions to raise it off the frame.
    the seat has been mounted, easy to just weld on some inch bar stock and drill holes.
    every bearing has been replaced by all balls hardware. love that! could've done without the trouble of getting the front wheel bearing out. fixed that with a basic concrete driver from the depot. more saving
    more doing.

Name:	IMG_0074.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	119.9 KB 
ID:	70858Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0076.JPG 
Size:	142.1 KB 
ID:	70859Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0097.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	294.3 KB 
ID:	70860

Get Adobe Flash player

Name:	13398472_1176338982398665_316135905_n.jpg 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	70861Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13437354_267369723621490_2066201550_n.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	70862Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13549405_268463060188080_539763828_n.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	43.8 KB 
ID:	70863
    thanks to the vendors/ suporters!! got an email from bear and am going to be filling my mailbox with great products!
    have to hoop and clean up some welds on the frame, then it and the speedster bars are off to powder as well
    exhaust after that,
    like minded builder in Lousvile (KC Kustoms) has volunteered his paint services to me (kind of, I gave him some rd350 parts including a titled frame.)

Share This