• Andy99
    • May 2015

Originally posted by 400t
    That seat looks good, does it need a sissy bar for back
    Yes it'll need a sissy bar

Comment

• IronheadVic
      • Sep 2012

That seat looks great. I have been eyeing it on ebay for awhile and wondering what it would look like on a bike. Thanks for posting.

I want to put it on a 2004 sporty...not afraid to modify the seat...just wonder how much it would take.

Comment

• nickey
        • Feb 2013

Originally posted by IronheadVic
        That seat looks great. I have been eyeing it on ebay for awhile and wondering what it would look like on a bike. Thanks for posting.

I want to put it on a 2004 sporty...not afraid to modify the seat...just wonder how much it would take.
        2004 and later seats are mounted differently in the front. I believe the frames are wider on rubber mounted also. Not sure how hard it'd be to mod.

I ordered a king queen for a 58-78 ironhead and it did not fit my 02. I could've made it work but it would require making new sissy bar mounts further back from stock. Looks like that's what Andy99 had to do also. Not sure if the 79 and later ironhead seats work on evo frames or not.

Comment

• Justin9690
          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by nickey
          2004 and later seats are mounted differently in the front. I believe the frames are wider on rubber mounted also. Not sure how hard it'd be to mod.

I ordered a king queen for a 58-78 ironhead and it did not fit my 02. I could've made it work but it would require making new sissy bar mounts further back from stock. Looks like that's what Andy99 had to do also. Not sure if the 79 and later ironhead seats work on evo frames or not.

Did you end up mounting this seat to your 04? I'm thinking of doing the same thing and would love to see some pics of mods to the seat if you ended up getting it to fit right.

Comment

• nickey
            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Justin9690
            Did you end up mounting this seat to your 04? I'm thinking of doing the same thing and would love to see some pics of mods to the seat if you ended up getting it to fit right.
            I actually did make the seat work. I've got a 2002 though. I used the seat pan from my Sullys customs two up and the cover and foam from the ironhead seat and re riveted everything up.

Comment

• Clockwork444
              • Dec 2013

I am in the market for one too..... This is what i have for now. Its a lepera cherokee seat, with a gasbox 18" sissy bar, and a pad i made and had covered. It's steel and bolts on with chrome bolts in the back side. works pretty slick, but i'd like a one piece setup someday.

Comment

• Justin9690
                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by nickey
                I actually did make the seat work. I've got a 2002 though. I used the seat pan from my Sullys customs two up and the cover and foam from the ironhead seat and re riveted everything up.
                Ahh gotcha. Looks super rad regardless!

Comment

• nickey
                  • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Justin9690
                  Ahh gotcha. Looks super rad regardless!
                  Thanks man! Yea I'm diggin it.

Comment

• SailorJake
                    • Apr 2024

Has anybody tried mounting one of their seats to a 04+ sporty? I imagine itd take a bit of modification but i wanna know if itll fit. I imagine it would fit reasonably well but im not sure. They just brougjt these seats back and im thinking of ordering one before they discontinue them again and possibly for good.

Comment

• Melcher81
                      • Apr 2017

I would love to know as well, I have an 06 sportster I need a king and queen for

Comment

• Clockwork444
                        • Dec 2013

The newer sportster is wider but the mounting holes are the same. you could do it with a little heat but it might look weird. The biggest thing i can see wrong with this K&Q setup is the passenger part of the seat is about what... 4-5" wide? Looks amazing but who wants to sit on that? My old lady rides a lot with me so i am running the lepera cherokee with custom pad on a gasbox 18" sporty sissy bar. The seat is still pretty compact and doesnt look like a pillow sitting on my frame. it's as wide as the frame rails in the front, and as wide as the fender in the rear. looks pretty sick. if it were only one piece..... :P

Comment

• therealsully
                          • Mar 2012

Sully's Customs king and queen seat

Originally posted by highwayhooligan
                          I was this close to buying the King & Queen/ sissy bar combo for my Sporty last night. But, $500+ is a bit steep for me. I know their stuff is super high quality. But, I would be okay with middle of the road (as long as it's not made in China shit). I'm just wondering what else is out there. Anybody have a King-Queen set-up for swingarm Sportys?

To clarify, this is what I'm talking bout...
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]69046[/ATTACH]
                          Sully's Customs King and Queen seat

Comment

• AlbertaFarmer
                            • Sep 2013

Seeing as how Sully's doesn't mind his third post being an advertisement on a two year old thread, I'll give my first hand opinion on them. Pretty goofy and awkward looking with the built in sissy bar. Not strong enough to trust without an external anyway. Reasonably well made, but not waterproof. A mass produced feel all around. I sold mine and never regretted it.

B&C Cycles has an evo Sportster king queen now. Not on his site yet, but has it on Instagram. Much nicer lines. Not sure of price, but remember, he deals in Canadian dollars which aren't worth anything right now. I've seen his work in person and it is absolutely top notch. If his seats are a 10/10, Sully's are a 5/10. I'm not affiliated in any way, just seen his seats around a few times.

Wouldn't have wrote any of this, but the third post advertisement on an old thread kinda asked for it.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                            Working...
                            ;