CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Default 03 Rigid Mount Sporty Left Hand Control and Speedo Cut, No Headlight

I get drunk sometimes and decided to cut my left hand control and speedo wires to remove speedo dummy light and left hand control from the bike and now I have no headlight. No interest in rewiring the whole bike, just want to want to solder the right wires together throw heat shrink wrap over it and electrical tape and have this sloot back on the road. Tried to connect white and yellow wires from hand control to headlight with no luck. What do I need solder? Thanks bros

Did lots of search, still lost. Hate electrical shit.
    Last edited by mlithgow; 04-15-2016 at 9:57 PM.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Grab a test light.
    Should be at least one hot wire from the ignition switch up to the headlight switch (orange maybe ) And the same gauge as the headlight wires (16, maybe)
    The white and yellow wires are going from the headlight switch to the headlight, high and low, respectively.
    Join that live wire to either the high low, if you run them both at the same time the bulb will have a brighter but shorter life. Headlight should ground through the bucket...
    Good luck

Thanks for your response. So when I look at this diagram:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chopped_circuit.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	194.0 KB 
ID:	68930

It looks like the wire your talking about from the ignition in the one labeled BK? Not sure what color that is, but I just join that wire directly to either the white or yellow wire in the headlight?

What do you mean by ground through the bucket? Did i mess up the ground connection when I cut the speedo and left hand control or am I good?

Thanks a lot this is the first time I ever dealt with electrical stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by mlithgow View Post
    Thanks for your response. So when I look at this diagram:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chopped_circuit.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	194.0 KB 
ID:	68930

It looks like the wire your talking about from the ignition in the one labeled BK? Not sure what color that is, but I just join that wire directly to either the white or yellow wire in the headlight?

What do you mean by ground through the bucket? Did i mess up the ground connection when I cut the speedo and left hand control or am I good?

Thanks a lot this is the first time I ever dealt with electrical stuff.

Nvm I see that BK is black...

Get Adobe Flash player

Blue is the power in from the ignition switch via the fuse block according to that diagram.
    I see you found the color key.
    Don't worry about the ground. Bucket=headlight housing.
    So, tie the blue wire and the yellow wire together. Or the blue and white.

Get Adobe Flash player

Better yet mount a toggle with somewhere and keep the high/low function.
    Common mounting spots are off the top motor mount, the headlight "clamshell" or drill a hole in the headlight bucket itself.

Share This