CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default 58-62 Juice Drum Fit Questions...

Hey,
    I ordred a new V Twin 58-62 juice drum and backing plate assembly for my shovel. (My original HD parts are tired, the Bendix backing plate is really bent and the drum has some really deep grooves - it's time to change it out).

Anyway, the brake drag on the new V Twin parts is really heavy. The backing plate assembly fits really tight into the drum. The rear wheel turns but, not easily. I put a tighter top spring on which helped compress the shoes a bit more but, it still sits really tight in the drum.
    I know that V Twin parts aren't always machined with great precision (insert jokes here) but, this doesn't even seem close.
    I double checked (and measured) to be sure that I have a matching 58-62 drum, backing plate and shoes.
    Do I need to have the drum turned and remove some material from the shoes to get a correct fit? I've searched other parts of the forum but, didn't see anyone else raise this specific issue. Any input is appreciated.

Get Adobe Flash player

Check your shoes to see where they are rubbing, most of the time you need to remove some material from the ends to relieve them.

Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks man. I removed some material from the shoes. The fit is much better. Turned the drum too.
    Aftermarket junk...

Share This