Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigBenC
    • Jan 2014

Any Old Gold seat 2-up reviews/input?

Seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on one of Dan's Old Gold seats for my Sporty, but thought I'd see if anyone has put any serious miles on theirs with a passenger? I've heard nothing but good things about them, but not too much about going two-up. Any passenger reviews you guys can pass on?
  • milez
    • Aug 2009

I have one of dan's two up on my sporty with a slight mod. I had him instead of making it the two up as one seat, do the back separately as a pillion. So really its the same except with a small gap.

Anyways, I personally love it. Its thin of course but surprisingly comfortable. I don't hesitate in going all day on it. My gf on the other hand.. hates the narrowness of it. The cushion isn't too bad as she's even ridden on the fender before I got this, but after awhile it gets to her.

Comment

• AlbertaFarmer
      • Sep 2013

I've got one on, new this year. It's not nearly as uncomfortable as I expected and real well made. I can easily ride it all day on m own. Had the old lady on there once, said it was awful. That's on rigid struts though, might be slightly better with springs.

Comment

• nickey
        • Feb 2013

I don't own an Old Gold but I have a Sullys customs seat which is not quite as fancy(or as much $$$) but they are similar in design and like others have said its more comfortable than you'd think but again, the wife hates it. Her biggest complaint is surprisingly not the lack of cushion but how narrow it is.

Comment

• BigBenC
          • Jan 2014

Awesome, thanks guys. Exactly the input I was looking for. I'm thinking I may go ahead and grab one, but hang onto the stock 2-up seat for longer trips with the lady.

Comment

• TurnerR
            • Aug 2011

Had one and sold it. The gal hated it, and it was just ok for me. They are nice, and they look great with a small tank. I'd definitely have a more comfy one on deck if you want to put on some serious miles two up. The quality was top notch though, I will say that. Best looking slim seat made.

Comment

• David2525
              • Oct 2015

Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1457789785823.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	1289706
              Def need them

Comment

• AlbertaFarmer
                • Sep 2013

Originally posted by BigBenC
                Awesome, thanks guys. Exactly the input I was looking for. I'm thinking I may go ahead and grab one, but hang onto the stock 2-up seat for longer trips with the lady.
                One thing to keep in mind, the seat tab needs to be bent down to get the old gold to sit flat. I bent mine way the hell down and it still sits about an eighth of an inch off the frame at the front. I had the same idea about running a different seat for long trips, but you would have to bend the tab back up to fit a stock seat. I don't know how many times you could bend that tab before it snaps. Have to agree on the old gold being the slickest looking production seat though.

Comment

• BigBenC
                  • Jan 2014

Oh damn, well that puts a spin on things. Not sure I wanna bend that tab so much I couldn't go back to the stocker...thanks Alberta, definitely appreciate the info. And I gotta agree with you and everyone else, they look killer! Gonna look into some other options though before I make the plunge.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                  Working...
                  ;