Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jasonisdico
    • May 2010

Skinny Intruder Chop

Here's my project. It's a 95 Suzuki Intruder 1400. Got it on the cheap, not running, but with a title. First thing I did was get it running in stock formation, that took a couple days. Carbs were fucked, some wiring was a mess, but all in all it wasn't terrible.

First pic is my current bike, with the stock project in the background. More pics of mine(and a couple others I've done) in the Intruder thread. Mine is getting reworked a bit once this one is done.

Here's a shot of a frame stripped and stock. Notice it's a drop-leg frame meaning the right frame rail has to be removed to get the motor in and out.

Inspired by GNARAD, I decided to stretch the downtubes.

I went up a full 6". I turned 4 slugs and slid the into the cut pieces of the frame, and into the 6" tubes. Plug welded, full welded and grind. Also wanted a single backbone. Stock rake.

Got a narrowed frisco'd sporty tank from Throttle Addiction. Sandblasted a custom cap. Some pics have the 19" wheel, but I swapped for a 21". Sealed the spoke rear run for a tubeless car tire with a rad tread.

Motor is in! Carbs are in. Controls getting fitted. Exhaust fabricated and undertail exhaust all dialed in. That's how it sits today.

Bonus GIF of me shooting and riding at the Crickout. https://i.imgflip.com/11y6sr.gif
  • GNARAD
    • Apr 2015

Stoked man looking good. You gotta let me know how she runs without a fuel pump I'm hopping to get rid of mine as well.

Comment

• jdbuis
      • Oct 2012

Pretty rad man. That fame is bad ass

Comment

• ChopperGypsy96
        • Jun 2015

Nice build you got goin. You're from SD, I met you once, looked at shadow you had for sale. Looks good keep it up.

Comment

• Jasonisdico
          • May 2010

Originally posted by GNARAD
          Stoked man looking good. You gotta let me know how she runs without a fuel pump I'm hopping to get rid of mine as well.
          Fired her up tonight with just a tiny bit of fuel in it and seemed to work just fine. Although my tank and frame do sit a lot higher than yours.

Originally posted by jdbuis
          Pretty rad man. That fame is bad ass
          Thanks dude.

Originally posted by ChopperGypsy96
          Nice build you got goin. You're from SD, I met you once, looked at shadow you had for sale. Looks good keep it up.
          Thanks man. Got no idea who you are though. Lol.

Comment

• Jasonisdico
            • May 2010

Update: Got her all wired up. Coils mounted up front. Decided to ditch the oil cooler. I'll keep an eye on engine temps for the time being, but I think I'll be just fine considering the climate on San Diego. Battery box is in and all the necessary electrical shit is mounted and dialed in. The biggest change is the fairing I finally got in today. I reworked the headlight to push it forward and drop it a fair amount. Then used a sporty fairing that I took a couple inches out of the inside upper part to get the whole thing to lay back the way I wanted it to. I think it came out killer. Gotta figure out a tail light, and what the hell I'm gonna do for pegs.

Comment

• thatdamnoakley
              • Mar 2014

I thought my vs800 was cool, and then I saw this. Now I wanna cut it up again lol

Comment

• kgb
                • Oct 2010

pretty cool Intruder i love .

Comment

• Jasonisdico
                  • May 2010

Got a tail light on. Had to rework the back of the bucket, it was way too deep beforehand. Gave it a little angle, but didn't want it to tall. Got a plate mount done as well, but ran out of m6x1.0 bolts to finish it.

And here is my shitty ass sketch of the bike I did when I cut the frame up. Think I got my vision pretty well.

Comment

• Fad9567
                    • Nov 2015

looks sick, keep it up, do you think the exhaust temps could burn the tire?

Comment

• Jasonisdico
                      • May 2010

Originally posted by Fad9567
                      looks sick, keep it up, do you think the exhaust temps could burn the tire?
                      No, I think it'll be fine. I've got a digital infrared thermometer that'll I'll be bringing on the first bunch of rides to check out different temps.

Comment

• bikerbass
                        • Dec 2013

Looks tight!

Comment

• Tboogie
                          • Sep 2016

My brotha this thing is TOUGH lookin! Good job man! I posted a new thread recently about the wiring on my vs1400. Pulled the air boxes and I'm planning on running some pods. What would you suggest I can do without in terms of electrical, I had no idea how much of it bolted onto that rear air box lol! I don't plan on having turn signals, I guess we can start there haha. But did you just run your relays fuel pump and electrical underneath you tank in your other builds? Should I attempt to make some sort of dummy oil can or something?

Comment

• Jasonisdico
                            • May 2010

Originally posted by Tboogie
                            My brotha this thing is TOUGH lookin! Good job man! I posted a new thread recently about the wiring on my vs1400. Pulled the air boxes and I'm planning on running some pods. What would you suggest I can do without in terms of electrical, I had no idea how much of it bolted onto that rear air box lol! I don't plan on having turn signals, I guess we can start there haha. But did you just run your relays fuel pump and electrical underneath you tank in your other builds? Should I attempt to make some sort of dummy oil can or something?
                            In my last intruder, I hid everything under the tank. It'll all fit, including the igniter and fuel pump, under the tank. The reg/rec needs to be out to keep cool, but you can put that somewhere low and inconspicuous. Dummy oil can can be good, but your pod filter is gonna come real close to it under your seat.

Comment

• 313cos
                              • Apr 2016

Got a 96 intruder 800, really wish I had the know how to do this to mine man. Super rad!

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;