Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GNARAD
    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Jasonisdico
    In my last intruder, I hid everything under the tank. It'll all fit, including the igniter and fuel pump, under the tank. The reg/rec needs to be out to keep cool, but you can put that somewhere low and inconspicuous. Dummy oil can can be good, but your pod filter is gonna come real close to it under your seat.
    im starting to look for some real estate for electrical aswell I'm worried if I cram to much under the tank I'll starve my pod filter. Any thoughts? Also you mentioned a while back that you were thinking of ditching the fuel pump and going gravity feed with the stretch in the front. Did you give her a go? Did it work?

Comment

• Jasonisdico
      • May 2010

Originally posted by GNARAD
      im starting to look for some real estate for electrical aswell I'm worried if I cram to much under the tank I'll starve my pod filter. Any thoughts? Also you mentioned a while back that you were thinking of ditching the fuel pump and going gravity feed with the stretch in the front. Did you give her a go? Did it work?
      On this one, because of the frisco mounted tank, all of the electrics are below the rear carb pod filter. Just above the battery box on the lower frame rails. And yes, the gravity fed works great! I split the fuel line right from the petcock and ran two fuel lines, one to each carb. The return fuel line from the rear carb I just capped off.

Comment

• Angelking
        • Oct 2014

What are the specs on that rear tire....... diggin' that... and of course, the whole bike...

AK

Comment

• Jasonisdico
          • May 2010

Originally posted by Angelking
          What are the specs on that rear tire....... diggin' that... and of course, the whole bike...

AK
          It's a car tire. A Vredestein Sprint Classic 165HR15. I sealed my rim to run it tubeless. If you do run a tube, make sure you get a car tube and not a motorcycle tube. Also, no shops will install it for you, you gotta do it yourself. But I've set 6 car tires on motorcycle rims now only using spoons and a tie down, just takes some time.

Comment

• Angelking
            • Oct 2014

It's a car tire. A Vredestein Sprint Classic 165HR15. I sealed my rim to run it tubeless. If you do run a tube, make sure you get a car tube and not a motorcycle tube. Also, no shops will install it for you, you gotta do it yourself. But I've set 6 car tires on motorcycle rims now only using spoons and a tie down, just takes some time.
            Thank you very much!

Would you happen to know the measurement from the rim edge to top of the sidewall? If not, no prob...want to see if it would fit my bike as or if I would need to make changes ......

AK
            Last edited by Angelking; 10-02-2016, 3:19 PM.

Comment

• GNARAD
              • Apr 2015

I had to lace a rim off a vs1400 to my vs800 to get an extra inch of width in order to get mine to seat it really is a bitch to get these car tires to seat especially with a tube

Comment

• Jasonisdico
                • May 2010

Originally posted by Angelking
                Thank you very much!

Would you happen to know the measurement from the rim edge to top of the sidewall? If not, no prob...want to see if it would fit my bike as or if I would need to make changes ......

AK
                To the top of the sidewall, or the flat part of the tread? From edge of rim, to the tread(flat area) is 4 1/4"

Comment

• Angelking
                  • Oct 2014

Perfect..... thank you

AK

Comment

• Jasonisdico
                    • May 2010

I had to lace a rim off a vs1400 to my vs800 to get an extra inch of width in order to get mine to seat it really is a bitch to get these car tires to seat especially with a tube

I got a car tire to seat on 3 VS800 rims. One with a tube, 2 without. Lots of dish soap on the rim, sometimes a heat gun on the tire, a tie down around the tread, and 100-125psi and it'll go.

Comment

• billybiltit
                      • Aug 2009

killer build love all the fabwork!

leon

Comment

• GNARAD
                        • Apr 2015

Hey man up fully your still checking this forum I need some info on your carb set up. You mentioned you ditched the pump. Did you just run two separate fuel lines ? Some pics would be really appreciated I've hit a wall

Comment

• Jasonisdico
                          • May 2010

Hey man up fully your still checking this forum I need some info on your carb set up. You mentioned you ditched the pump. Did you just run two separate fuel lines ? Some pics would be really appreciated I've hit a wall
                          I split the fuel line coming off the tank, and capped the return line from the rear carb. Had a buddy fly in and tank it down to #EDR last month and had no problem at all.

Here's a shot of the split. I kicked my front carb at a 45° because it hit the single backbone. https://imgur.com/a/8CWbM

Comment

• GnG
                            • May 2015

you guys do great work!!

Comment

• fuckdelbert
                              • May 2019

if anyone is still on this i have a 2002 suzuki intruder and i wamma get rid of the airboxes can i just rip em out and be good to go or do i have to have some sort of filter like a pod or something? also the wires in the spedometer can i rip those out too? its a lot of wires so i just buttoned it back up amd stayed away.

Comment

• Down
                                • Jan 2016

Originally posted by fuckdelbert
                                if anyone is still on this i have a 2002 suzuki intruder and i wamma get rid of the airboxes can i just rip em out and be good to go or do i have to have some sort of filter like a pod or something? also the wires in the spedometer can i rip those out too? its a lot of wires so i just buttoned it back up amd stayed away.
                                I suggest you familiarise yourself with engines in general and after that look at and study wiring diagrams of motorcycles.
                                An air filter prevents dirt from going straight into your engine. Need one? You do the math.
                                As for wires.. You can't just rip shit out and expect it to work if you have 0 idea how a motorcycle is wired.
                                Don't be stupid, do your homework.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;