CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonisdico View Post
    It's a car tire. A Vredestein Sprint Classic 165HR15. I sealed my rim to run it tubeless. If you do run a tube, make sure you get a car tube and not a motorcycle tube. Also, no shops will install it for you, you gotta do it yourself. But I've set 6 car tires on motorcycle rims now only using spoons and a tie down, just takes some time.
    I had to lace a rim off a vs1400 to my vs800 to get an extra inch of width in order to get mine to seat it really is a bitch to get these car tires to seat especially with a tube

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Angelking View Post
    Thank you very much!

Would you happen to know the measurement from the rim edge to top of the sidewall? If not, no prob...want to see if it would fit my bike as or if I would need to make changes ......

AK
    To the top of the sidewall, or the flat part of the tread? From edge of rim, to the tread(flat area) is 4 1/4"

Perfect..... thank you

AK

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by GNARAD View Post
    I had to lace a rim off a vs1400 to my vs800 to get an extra inch of width in order to get mine to seat it really is a bitch to get these car tires to seat especially with a tube

I got a car tire to seat on 3 VS800 rims. One with a tube, 2 without. Lots of dish soap on the rim, sometimes a heat gun on the tire, a tie down around the tread, and 100-125psi and it'll go.

Get Adobe Flash player

killer build love all the fabwork!

leon

Get Adobe Flash player

Hey man up fully your still checking this forum I need some info on your carb set up. You mentioned you ditched the pump. Did you just run two separate fuel lines ? Some pics would be really appreciated I've hit a wall

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by GNARAD View Post
    Hey man up fully your still checking this forum I need some info on your carb set up. You mentioned you ditched the pump. Did you just run two separate fuel lines ? Some pics would be really appreciated I've hit a wall
    I split the fuel line coming off the tank, and capped the return line from the rear carb. Had a buddy fly in and tank it down to #EDR last month and had no problem at all.

Here's a shot of the split. I kicked my front carb at a 45 because it hit the single backbone. https://imgur.com/a/8CWbM

you guys do great work!!

Get Adobe Flash player

if anyone is still on this i have a 2002 suzuki intruder and i wamma get rid of the airboxes can i just rip em out and be good to go or do i have to have some sort of filter like a pod or something? also the wires in the spedometer can i rip those out too? its a lot of wires so i just buttoned it back up amd stayed away.

Quote Originally Posted by fuckdelbert View Post
    if anyone is still on this i have a 2002 suzuki intruder and i wamma get rid of the airboxes can i just rip em out and be good to go or do i have to have some sort of filter like a pod or something? also the wires in the spedometer can i rip those out too? its a lot of wires so i just buttoned it back up amd stayed away.
    I suggest you familiarise yourself with engines in general and after that look at and study wiring diagrams of motorcycles.
    An air filter prevents dirt from going straight into your engine. Need one? You do the math.
    As for wires.. You can't just rip shit out and expect it to work if you have 0 idea how a motorcycle is wired.
    Don't be stupid, do your homework.

Get Adobe Flash player

Definitely check a wiring diagram, but most of those wires can be ditched. As for the carbs, on one of my chops I run open carbs with no filters. But I recommend you run pods. If you ditch the stock airboxes, be prepared to have to rejet the carbs. It’ll run like dogshit if you don’t.

Wow man, that is the most sexy intruder ever! So I'm goning to attempt a half ass copy of your build
    I just bought a 92 intruder 800, and I would love some more info on this build!

Going to hardtail with a single back bone, but I'm not going to add the 6 inches in the front, if I can get the lines to work. And try to imitate your lower frame section in the back
    That is beautiful

Carbs,
    I have 2 completely different carbs on it, wondering if yours are the same? And what jet sizes did you end up with finally. Also how did you 45 your front carb? Different boot? Did you use velocity stacks or pods? Witch ones?

How did you delete the cooling system??
    Thanks for any info to help
    You guys rock

Share This