Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hillcat
    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by 78BritBastard
    How come you watch salt ghost with now volume? That movie is great! I love hearing that motor fire up the first time in decades.
    You are right , that part is great. Those big diameter TT pipes are raspy & rorty!

Comment

• bing0808
      • Nov 2013

Turned it off after i seen a fist bump for some dude taking a piss and catching up with his homies riding 40 mph. Went back steel wool and metal-glo

Comment

• SubstantialGoods
        • Dec 2013

FYI Robert Patrick is a biker, too

Comment

• BlackCloudSalvage
          • Jan 2015

It was a great mid-day break from wrenching. Inspired me to get back out in the garage and get my project finished so I could cruise the back roads this year. I find it hard to find people that want to even take a day trip for a few hours, so i appreciate their spirit. I think the movie should be taken lightly as entertainment. Also...would be awesome if there was much more motorbike movies out there to watch. It's just good that people of all kinds and ages are passionate about old bikes. This film helped inspire my buddy to ditch his XS400 Cafe racer cars n coffee mobile, in search of back country road tripper.

Comment

• ElekVins
            • May 2011

Originally posted by 78BritBastard
            If I had friends I'd want to do the same thing!
            This one made me laugh!

I'm on the same boat, so I have to ride alone, maybe someday I'll will get friends, but I guess I'm not made for "bromance"...

Comment

• HedleyLamarr
              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by SubstantialGoods
              FYI Robert Patrick is a biker, too
              a Boozefighter

Comment

• boomboomthump
                • Oct 2013

Finally made time to watch this last night (on Netflix). I was expecting it to be a lot worse based on some comments here.

The narration was annoying but overall the flick was enjoyable. It's a bunch of dudes who rode cross country together and obviously had a blast doing it. I can't imagine anyone that actually rides their bikes looking at this footage, thinking about the experience these guys shared, the scenery shown, etc. and complaining about it not living up to some expectation you have for an edited documentary. It's about 21 days on the road, not about Brooklyn Invitational coverage (which is already covered to death). What more do you want?

Agreed on the Netflix thing. Even if the movie was released on the correct date on Netflix, I'd still be annoyed if I paid for a copy and had no idea it would be on Netflix within weeks, let alone being accidentally released beforehand. Delay that thing 6mos to a year if you're going to sell it to Netflix.

Comment

• mosten
                  • Aug 2011

Their excuse of "Netflix released it early" is bullshit. I'm in film distribution and everyone involved would have had to sign contracts. They gave full control of the release date to Netflix or they didn't notice the availability section.

Comment

• None
                    • Feb 2016

Originally posted by HedleyLamarr
                    I could not understanding that without any subtitles? Was it a foreign movie ... there was no car chase or explosions.

Comment

• hankhill
                      • Mar 2013

wow this movie was a bummer. what a self absorbed self righteous piece of shit. this is about as "real biker chopper shit" as sons of anarchy.

Comment

• Keeleyvision
                        • Aug 2015

Originally posted by boomboomthump
                        It's a bunch of dudes who rode cross country together and obviously had a blast doing it. I can't imagine anyone that actually rides their bikes looking at this footage, thinking about the experience these guys shared, the scenery shown, etc. and complaining about it not living up to some expectation you have for an edited documentary. It's about 21 days on the road, not about Brooklyn Invitational coverage (which is already covered to death). What more do you want?

I think your point would be stronger had it been shot/edited as a documentary, some of the riding shots were beautiful, but most of why they were so beautiful was that they were plotted, there is nothing wrong with plotting your shots while making a movie, it's the right way to do it, but it's the wrong way to make a documentary, I think that is allot of why this flick is hitting so many wrong, it's like the flick doesn't know what it wants to be, that and open appature dolly shots of dudes hosing each other off, but the intermix of documentary style, and scripted movie style, just doesn't go that well, it leaves most viewers feeling disconected, but not really knowing why.

All the respect in the world to the work that went into this, there was a great deal of time and effort on the filming end, and I appreciate people trying to make entertainment for us, but with the heavy-handed narration, and using the shot selection to prop the characters up, I was kinda left feeling that this wasn't made for us.

Comment

• Southbanker
                          • Sep 2010

The naked pillow fight.
                          Hands down.

Comment

• PeanutHead
                            • Nov 2011

Watched this last night. I enjoyed it for the most part. Would have loved to see the footage of the Brooklyn Invitational though.

IMO, 3 outta 5.

Comment

• Thatscatbk
                              • May 2016

Tom Fugle stuff was great...pretty rad soundtrack. Other than that, eh. I'm sure that saltwater did wonders for there bikes.

Comment

• 72scumbag
                                • Jun 2015

I was cool with it. I actually went back and watched it a second time cause my girl wanted to see it. I was ok without the Brooklyn Invitational stuff. It was about a road trip not a Bike show... It was a little over dramatized but I'm sure they are wanting to pull in other viewers rather than just us. Overall it wasn't bad to me.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;