Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 240zspg
    • Mar 2016

Questions with titleing custom build in nj

So a local guy is selling a custom buuild hard tail, bike is 85% complete. He is willing to trade me my race ap built turbo 350 trans and torque converter and very little cash. The bike is exactly what I've been looking for but here's my issue. He has the mso for the frame and trans and all receipts for the rest but the motor has no mso. He acquired the motor from a friend he lost touch with who put an s&s in his bike and so didn't need his big v evo. Should i stay away from this or make the trade . I'd really like to get my hands on this bike but don't want to have to get a new motor.
  • 240zspg
    • Mar 2016

Basically I need to know if it's possible to title the bike with no mso on the motor, and or is it possible in any way to get an mso for it? I had the engine vin run and found out it's not stolen ha, guess that's some good news ha.

Comment

• Tattooo
      • Sep 2012

Why did you start a new thread???? Did you think you would get a different answer??? Yes you need a MSO or a BOS for the motor in most states.......

Comment

• Webrat
        • Oct 2012

There is a thread here about getting it registered in Vermont, then transferring it to the state you live in.
        Not sure what laws are in Jersey but it MAY help.

Link to Vermont DMV

Forum thread link
        So I'm sure someone has posted this somewhere but I just wanted to bring it up again since it worked for me today. Have PO write up a bill of sale for one pile of shit: Fill out one of these, can be gotten online TA-VD-119 http://dmv.vermont.gov/forms/drivers Make sure you use the NADA value for taxes. And get one of

GOOD LUCK

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;