Adjusting Rivera race lifters (hydraulic)

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmagnus
    • Nov 2014

Adjusting Rivera race lifters (hydraulic)

Hi, been searching the net for some instructions how to adjust a set of hydraulic Rivera race lifters on my panshovel but found nothing. The kit was bought second hand with no instructions.
    The closest i get is the Velva touch lifter kits, looks exactly the same in all the pictures ive seen.

Front exhaust pushrod is the only one longer then the other, the rest are the same (same as Velva touch)

Could this be the same lifters sold under different names?

If i read the instructions for adjusting Velva touch lifters the pushrods are supposed to be adjusted diffrent for front and rear cylinder, why? i was told mine were to be turned down 1,5 turns or 9 flats.

All input is much appriciated / Magnus
  • Tattooo
    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by madmagnus
    Hi, been searching the net for some instructions how to adjust a set of hydraulic Rivera race lifters on my panshovel but found nothing. The kit was bought second hand with no instructions.
    The closest i get is the Velva touch lifter kits, looks exactly the same in all the pictures ive seen.

Front exhaust pushrod is the only one longer then the other, the rest are the same (same as Velva touch)

Could this be the same lifters sold under different names?

If i read the instructions for adjusting Velva touch lifters the pushrods are supposed to be adjusted diffrent for front and rear cylinder, why? i was told mine were to be turned down 1,5 turns or 9 flats.

All input is much appriciated / Magnus
    I adjust them all the same..... You are right on the flats.....

Comment

• madmagnus
      • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Tattooo
      I adjust them all the same..... You are right on the flats.....
      Thanx, good answer.

I have another question aswell, since this is a fresh rebuild theres no oil in the lifters. will this be a problem at first startup? should i remove plugs and kick the engine around untill they fill up or is this a waste of time?

Comment

• Tattooo
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by madmagnus
        Thanx, good answer.

I have another question aswell, since this is a fresh rebuild theres no oil in the lifters. will this be a problem at first startup? should i remove plugs and kick the engine around untill they fill up or is this a waste of time?

I would say it's a waste of time as I don't think you can kick it over fast enough... Plus it wouldn't be good for your kicker gears.... They should pump up fast....

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
        Working...
        ;