Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kalashnikov47
    • Feb 2016

Recently there was a very clean, reasonable mileage 95 Dyna on Craigslist for $4000, guy that walked away with it paid him $3200 cash. Keep your eyes open and be ready to pounce on good deals that pop up.

Comment

• rusjack
      • Apr 2024

Hardtail bikes are cool and all, but if I had 4 grand to budget on a new bike you'd be damn sure I'd go buy the biggest displacement, least ugly new bike I could find and ride the piss out of it. One season of that, then you can sell it the next and use that cash to get exactly what you want.

But thats just me and I have my eye on a KLR650, soo yeah,

Comment

• Flabadabadingdong
        • May 2013

I know your original post is about buying your first shitty bike but I don't exactly recommend getting an Ironhead as your only bike. I loved the ones I had but I pushed them further than I rode them. Mostly because rather than tearing the bike down and rebuilding it I just fixed things as they broke. Which was all the damn time. Basically, get an Evo if you want to ride every day. Or get an Ironhead if you're wanting to build something. Or hell, with 4K you could almost get both. Just my two cents.

Comment

• Webrat
          • Oct 2012

Good question OP,,,
          Whatever you do,, do not just settle for something you will regret later on.
          IMO,, you WILL regret getting a 250,, unless you will pass it to your wife/gf as one they can learn to ride on.
          BUT without even delving deeper I would take the advice of those who took the time to read and replied to you.
          You have MANY options to choose from, just remember unless you like to wrench or complain ABOUT having to wrench on your choice,
          I would go with something fairly reliable.
          Just my pennys worth of thought on a Friday morning.
          GOOD LUCK

Comment

• Everetth8su
            • Feb 2016

My first shitty bike was the heist. It broke down all the fucking time for no reason. I did learn how to repair a carb on the side of the road thanks to it.

No kick start, so you'll have to push start it if the batteries dies, which it will.

Good luck trying to find neutral.

It does look bad ass though. And you can use mountain bike handle bars like I did, which looked sikkk.

You can get a sporty with your 4 g's. Do ya research and you'll find a great bike below your budget.
            Last edited by Everetth8su; 03-26-2016, 1:41 AM.

Comment

• AbyssmalTailgate
              • Aug 2015

wtf is a kikker?

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
              Working...
              ;