CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Default Bigsky Beer Budget Build. Vulcan 800 Classic

So i have had this bike since my senior year in highschool. Rode it all over the countryside and even in Germany. After years of owning this bike I have decided to try my hand at maki g some changes. I figured I might as well make a thread to keep track of my progress.

Here is a picture of the bike from 13 years ago when my wife and I rode it away from our justice of the peace wedding.

Here is a more recent picture of where I am beginning.

Start stripping it down.

So here is a start to my seat pan

Heres the pan on the bike. After doing a 95 mph test drive i realized that the seat was not the right shape. I had this feeling like i was going to slide right off the back.

Made a legalish way to hold the license plate and threw on an L.E.D tail light that i got from amazon, i will eventually relocated the tail light when I get a rear fender and sissy bar setup. But for right now I cant resist riding. Infact the weather right now is amazing for march in Montana.

My bro ordered two sets of bars for his build so he threw me the set he decided not to use. Couldn't turn down that offer.

In the process of swapping bars I broke my factory throttle tube. So after realizing that a new one from the stealership was $50 I got my ass on ebay and bought a used set of grips with a throttle tube for $10 cuz I am cheap. And finsied getting everything buttoned up

Really starting do dig the way things are going.

And since my bud has his bike in my garage and I have been burning the midnight oil on it as well better throw in a shot of it as well.

I took the stock front fender and hacked it with a cutoff wheel and have basically scratched my head for a week deciding what I am gonna go with it. Because it is plastic my mounting options are getting creative. I will be building a sissy bar and fenter strut that will be capable of strapping a bag to for some extended trips this summer.

looks great!

Picked up some 1/2" square stock today when we went to town. Planning to try building a sissybar fender strut this week when o get some free time.

Does anyone have some advice for putting a twist in square stock? Things to keep everything even.

Heat up as much as you want twisted (no more than about 10") with a torch. Get it to a dull orange, even along the length. Clamp one side in a vice, put a cresent wrench on the other end, and twist till it looks good. Usually 3 turns works well.

Aprreciate the help.

Well progress has been slow but there has been progress. I got a good start on my front seat mount.

Opinions?

Your welds look waaay better than mine. Like the seat setup and where this is heading. Good job man it looks sick!

Thanks man. I am headed for a daily rider but something I can strap a bag to and do a 4dayer trip on. Seat will get cushion and covered with leather as soon as I am totally satisfied with the shape and seating position.

Share This