Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StinkyPete
    • Aug 2009

Looks like you're missing some details on your parts list, which is a little odd. Hope this helps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-03-30 at 9.35.45 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	1289168

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-03-30 at 9.34.09 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	1289167

Comment

• StinkyPete
      • Aug 2009

Sorry - not sure why those show so small.

The parts not labeled in your drawing are 30 and 31, which are:
      Retainer, brake shoe 41725-63 (front-most), and
      Anchor block 41729-63 (second in line)

Comment

• Eldergiraffe
        • Oct 2015

Thanks for the help, I thought my drawing looked odd missing those parts.

Comment

• StinkyPete
          • Aug 2009

Sure, no problem. I missed the lockplate (above the other two unlabeled parts (#27) Lockplate 41680-67...just in case you need a part # on that as well.

Comment

• Eldergiraffe
            • Oct 2015

Originally posted by StinkyPete
            Sure, no problem. I missed the lockplate (above the other two unlabeled parts (#27) Lockplate 41680-67...just in case you need a part # on that as well.
            So I'm trying to find these parts to complete my set up and I'm falling short. Are these common drum brake parts that an auto parts store sells? Or are these Harley specific? I can't find shit.

Comment

• StinkyPete
              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Eldergiraffe
              So I'm trying to find these parts to complete my set up and I'm falling short. Are these common drum brake parts that an auto parts store sells? Or are these Harley specific? I can't find shit.
              I picked up my juice drum set-up as an assembly, but had to find spacers and axle. Ordered the spacer on ebay using the part #, but received the wrong one. Shipped it back and got the correct one, but aftermarket and needed to take some meat off to make it work. Knowing what it's supposed to be, or having enough components to make sure it fits correctly will help here.

I can't tell you what is common. The m/c components are interchangeable, but I would guess most of the mechanicals are OEM-specific. I would aim for OEM whenever possible, as I've yet to find aftermarket (domestic or foreign that works out of the box.

I'd start by googling the part #s. I quickly googled the lockplate and the first result is one for that was for sale on ebay:

I'd add the part #s as saved searches on ebay and opt for notifications. They may not be on there today, but probably will next week. I've also had a lot of luck sourcing bits from my local indie shop who holds stock running back from the 60s. If you can find a few good local shops they can help as well.

Comment

• nuklhd
                • Sep 2013

nice work so far. I highly recommend tbone too. I wouldn't bring my motors to anyone else.

Comment

• Eldergiraffe
                  • Oct 2015

I disassembled the transmission to find out why the kickstarter didn't work and found that the threads on the main shaft had been sheared off. So I ordered an Andrews main shaft and the Jims Machine rebuild kit to overhaul this transmission. I'll post about the process in a few weeks.

Needle bearings had a retainer ring...I guess the later 4 speeds came like this? But I'm not ruling out that this transmission has been gone through before.

Playing with the parts I have laying around. I'm not using those pipes but just wanted a lil perspective on what they could look like.

Comment

• Dragstews
                    • Sep 2010

Needs a bit of rake in the neck....

The Bike is not going to handle all that well sitting up like that...
                    Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• Mocnyang
                      • Feb 2014

I like the look of the fat bobs with the wide glide, but this ^^^^^^^^ is killer. You going to rake the neck at all?

Comment

• Dragstews
                        • Sep 2010

Most Importance .....

Originally posted by Dragstews

My advice is to do the math.... Talk and listen to the People who has been there & done that and has lived to tell the story.... IMHO

.../// http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/rakeandtrail.html \\\...

This Calculator may be somewhat helpful ....

Comment

• Eldergiraffe
                          • Oct 2015

I didn't want to rake the neck because I wanted it to sit high. I know that low speed handling will suck. The math came out to 7" I know they say it's supposed to be between 4"-6". Let's see what happens...I can always put a different front end on if it doesn't pan out.

Comment

• Eldergiraffe
                            • Oct 2015

Originally posted by Mocnyang
                            I like the look of the fat bobs with the wide glide, but this ^^^^^^^^ is killer. You going to rake the neck at all?
                            Thanks, but no rake on this frame. I want to keep it stock and extend the front forks.

Comment

• Dragstews
                              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Eldergiraffe
                              I didn't want to rake the neck because I wanted it to sit high. I know that low speed handling will suck. The math came out to 7".

..... Good Luck ....!!!

Comment

• Eldergiraffe
                                • Oct 2015

..... Good Luck ....!!!
                                Haha, thanks Drag. I'll post the picture of my wreck just for you. (If I live, that is)

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;