Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jjp53
    • Oct 2013

Rear Brake

I'm looking into picking up one of FabKevin's rear brake pieces. I not going to run a front brake on my bike and don't know if one 4 piston caliper would be enough to stop or should I go with the dual setup.

I'm running a stock 1982 Shovelhead
  • RetroRob
    • Oct 2011

It should be enough but I'd still like to see a front brake. If you're looking for clean bars consider a proportioning valve or fab kevin remote master cylinder and left twist grip as brake handle.

Comment

• ericthebeard
      • Jul 2015

A single 4-piston should easily lock up the rear wheel, after which you're not gonna get any more stopping power.

No amount of rear calipers are going to replace the extra oomph of an additional decent front brake. Whether you want/need that oomph or not is you're choice.

Comment

• Blackbetty
        • Apr 2011

For real, dual caliper rear brakes with a spool is cosmetic. A 4 piston rear is more than enough.

Then there's this...

silly

Comment

• farmall
          • Apr 2013

Weight transfer under any braking deloads the rear wheel. Max rear wheel braking simply locks it at which point it doesn't stop for shit. Feel free to do MEASURED stops if you doubt this.

Get an effective front brake unless looking retro cool matters more than wearing a body cast. Kevin makes some nice brake setups.

Comment

• Tattooo
            • Sep 2012

^^^ Like said above... Once the tire locks up it doesn't matter how many pistons a caliper has... Your along for the ride....

Comment

• docmel
              • May 2015

IMHO I like the look of no front brakes. Keep in mind, I said look......Way back in the day, I had suicide set up PH, with no front brake. That lasted about 48hrs........Anyways, if I see anyone w/o a front brake, I dont ride close to them. Regardless of what one might think of thier riding abilities, you cant depend on what anyone else abilities are, or what the road will throw at you at any given time. Im not a big fan of proportioning setups either, at least on a MC.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
              Working...
              ;