Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bellam87
    • Dec 2015

Starter Solenoid Wiring Question

I've noticed after wiring up my chop that the universal solenoid I purchased has to have the 4 wires on the top in a certain order or else is pops the fuse. The solenoid is a 30 amp model with 4 male pins (2x2) on the top. I'm wondering if anyone on here can tell me where each of the wires are supposed to be on the solenoid. By the way I used the wiring diagram and solenoid provided below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	simplified_DOHC_wiring.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	1339646

Name:	solenoid.jpg
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	1339647
  • sdustin
    • Sep 2014

I think it's one ground wire and three hot wires. The solenoid should have come with a diagram?

Comment

• bellam87
      • Dec 2015

No it didn't come with a diagram. I was hoping somebody had used this model and could identify the terminals.

Comment

• trikerdrew
        • Jan 2016

Multi meter would suss it out.

In general bike wiring the positive wires are female on the end to avoid them shorting

Drew

Comment

• farmall
          • Apr 2013

You can use a blade style circuit breaker instead of the fuse. I hate fuses. 30A will do from any auto store. Bring sample fuse to get correct breaker.

That style relay is very common on Hondas but for whatever reason I'm not seeing a useful diagram on the internet. I just map them with a test light on whatever bike I'm working on.

The fuse and one or two (I forget which and don't have a relay lying around at home) blades fed by the fuse will be constant hot with battery connected. Use one constant hot to feed you key switch.

One of the non-hot blades should be a relay case ground and the other should accept switched power to operate the relay.

Comment

• Sky
            • Aug 2009

Name:	41Eem+TGIZL.jpg
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	1288705

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
            Working...