Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • armand
    • Jan 2012

Dead cowboy, that sounds interesting. Could u explain or point me in a direction?

Comment

• Arky403
      • Apr 2013

[Raphael] has a motorcycle he’s constantly working on, and for him that means replacing the battery occasionally. Tired of the lead-acid batteries that have been used for 100 years now, he to…

Comment

• oldschoolhdmike
        • Nov 2014

i got mine in new just the other day. bought it for no other reason than i got tired of hooking up to a charger. hooked it up and it tried to crank for about 2 seconds and died.....dead as a door nail. even my old worn out battery that i paid $80 lasted a year and would have lasted longer if i would have rode more the charge it......not impressed...wish i would have seen this sooner also

Comment

• Wade1234
          • Jul 2013

how many cca can you put out with that method, thats pretty dope

Comment

• matttatts
            • Jan 2013

1983 gs450
            I had the battery mounted lightly snug with foam on either side.
            First season using it about a month in.

I drained the battery a few times when I was first shaking the bike down. I would pop it out and charge it off my secondary battery in my car for about 10 to 20 min. Did this three times or so no problems.

The other day battery starts to die out of the blue not sure why. Then eventually it wouldn't turn the bike over. Sort of lazy to take the battery out this time as it's a lot of work so I managed to get some small aligator clips to the posts with out unhooking anything and again wired it to my auxiliary battery in my car. In about one minute I could smell something like hair spray and I look over and battery is a raging inferno.

Not sure if I did something wrong? I know you aren't supposed to let it go flat or give it a boost ect. I never killed it flat for any amount of time. I herd letting an alternator tickle it back to life under emergency was supposed to be sufficient.

So many stories about these things catching fire though I'm not sure if I did something to cause this or its just the common problem with these but either way that's my experience.

I don't plan to repurchase one.

Comment

• Salty
              • Sep 2010

I will never jump a bike off a car. Too much!

Anti's call for a specific charger as well. You done fucked up boy. Dont tell them you did any of that and they may give you a replacement free of charge.

From their site:
              "You should NOT use an automobile or motorcycle charger that is specific to Lead/Acid batteries! They can cause damage to the batteries because they charge in a different way than a specific Lifepo4 Lithium Charger. They often have a Desulfinate feature or over voltage “Quick Charging” feature - both of which will damage the Antigravity Battery. Lead Acid chargers in many cases will overcharge a lithium battery ending up in damage which is not covered under our warranty."

Warranty Does NOT Cover Any of the Following Physical and Installation Issues:

Any physical damage caused by abuse, misuse or improper installations.
              Any modification to any part of the battery or its parts.
              Physical damage to battery after purchase by impact, neglect, or misuse.
              Installations in Custom Crafted Vehicles using other than stock charging systems.
              Installations in “Oil Bags” (this is too high heat for a battery to survive, and dangerous).
              If the battery is used in sanctioned competition… “Race”… use of any kind.
              If the battery is used in a manner for which it was not intended.

Warranty Does NOT Cover the Following Electrical Issues

Damage from “short-circuiting” of the battery
              Damage occurring from faulty Voltage Regulators (overcharging of battery by vehicle).
              Custom installation using aftermarket or performance electrical parts such as Stators, Regulators…
              Using a Battery Tender or similar Lead/Acid type Maintainer/Charger product on the Antigravity Lithium-Ion Battery (do not use Lead/Acid type chargers).
              Use of Chargers NOT intended specifically for Lifepo4 Lithium Batteries with a maximum charge voltage not over 14.4V
              Over-Charging/Over-Discharging due to a defect with vehicle’s voltage regulator or defective or non-compliant charging system on the vehicle.
              Over Charging battery above 14.6V
              Over Discharge of battery below 9.8V
              Allowing voltage to drop below 9.8V by lack of vehicle maintenance or monitoring.
              If the Battery is used for an application that requires higher cranking poewr or a greater reserve rating than the Battery is designed to deliver, or the Battery capacity is less than the Battery capacity specified by the vehicle manufacturer, or the Battery is otherwise used in applications for which it was not designed, such as “Total-Loss” systems.
              Parasitic drains that discharge the battery to below 9.8V

The 3-Year Limited Warranty is pro-rated based from the original date of purchase. Only ONE battery replacement will be given under warranty.

1-6 Months: Free Replacement
              7-15 Months: 75% discount from retail MSRP
              15-24 Months: 50% discount from retail MSRP
              25-36 Months: 25% discount from retail MSRP

Comment

• matttatts
                • Jan 2013

I didn't boost it. IE hook it up then crank it. I hooked it up to my cars secondary battery and let the alternator recharge it enough to fire the bike after it was disconnected.

The problem with the Internet is everyone is an expert on everything. Here's the link to where I read to tickle the battery back to life in that manner;
                Color/Finish: Black Fits: Universal Dimensions: Length: 4.25" (110 mm) Width: 1.25" (32 mm) Height: 3.75" (95 mm) Weight: 1.0 lbs (448g) Specifications: 120 Cranking Amps / 6 Amp Hours (PB Eq) Features: Capable of every day use in bikes up to 250ccRace use for Enduro and MX electric start bikes up to 450cc. (If you have a 250cc 2-stroke you will need to use the Antigravity Batteries AG801) Ultra-lightweight and high power lithium nano-phosphate motorsport battery Can hold a charge for up to a year - provided there are no "parasitic drains" such as alarms/ECUs/iPods/GPS/etc  Large / all brass / unbreakable terminal design One of the most compact lithium motorsports batteries available Adhesive backed foam included for easy installation Waterproof 3-Year Manufacturer's Warranty Notes: If you use older classic bikes from mid 1980s and earlier you should update the charging sytems to a modern voltage regulator, damaged voltage regulators can overcharge the battery and damage it. Please check your voltage output before installing any lithium battery. 14.8v is the upper limit. Overcharging will cause battery failure.

Comment

• skr00ball
                  • May 2010

Originally posted by Salty
                  From their site:

Warranty Does NOT Cover Any of the Following Physical and Installation Issues:

Installations in “Oil Bags” (this is too high heat for a battery to survive, and dangerous).
                  Well fuck. That's the whole reason I bought the damn thing.

Comment

• Revelator
                    • Aug 2009

Not to be installed in oil bags is a huge WTF.

My anti-g battery just took a crap a few days ago, It was a
                    free (warranty) replacement they gave me when I drove over to their facility
                    a few months ago, not again. Fuck these batteries.

Comment

• smithcasey210
                      • Sep 2009

Scary to read all this crap but I have never had one issue with antigravity battery have any of you guys use the foam around the battery to insulate it so it doesn’t have direct heat contact from the oil bag ? I have been using that on my knucklehead and pan shovel and have had zero issues. It keeps it from vibrating and also protects it from the direct heat. I have been using the 8 cell on generator driven motors and even my generator a couple times have taken a shit and still no problems.

Comment

• Tattooo
                        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by smithcasey210
                        Scary to read all this crap but I have never had one issue with antigravity battery

Consider yourself a lucky man.... But it has a lot to do with your running them on a genny bike as they don't produce much power....

Comment

• clehar
                          • Feb 2018

Anybody have a suggestions for the best and smallest battery for an 80" BT evo? I'm putting together an e start BT EVO with a hight torque starter and 32 amp charging system and have limited space. Thanks for the info!

Comment

• Tattooo
                            • Sep 2012

Originally posted by clehar
                            Anybody have a suggestions for the best and smallest battery for an 80" BT evo? I'm putting together an e start BT EVO with a hight torque starter and 32 amp charging system and have limited space. Thanks for the info!
                            I wouldn't put a small battery in there your just asking for problems.... Now if it was a kick only then you could go small.. But if you have your heart set on a small battery what is the size of the hole do you have to put the battery in??? Batteries come in all sizes...

Comment

• sgilliesjr
                              • Aug 2010

I know it’s an old thread from years ago but has anyone tried the super capacitor Hack suggested by Deadcowboy and Arky in this thread? The hack seems a little sketchy to me but I am intrigued by it!

Comment

• Dougtheinternetannoyance123
                                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by sgilliesjr
                                I know it’s an old thread from years ago but has anyone tried the super capacitor Hack suggested by Deadcowboy and Arky in this thread? The hack seems a little sketchy to me but I am intrigued by it!
                                Follow the link then scroll down thru the comments, I WAS super impressed by the Buell start up video, as I am actually working on the exact same model Buell right now. (XB9SX City Cross) and battery physical size and CCA, & Ah per hrs is a big issue.

However, way down, some smart fellers do the math and its not viable for most people. NOW..... I am intrigued about the idea of using them in conjunction with a regular AGM battery, and truth is, in days of yore, it was common practice on some vintage bikes.. IE: Norton Commandos ran the big blue can and wired accordingly, Similar but different is Vintage Enduro bikes like my Suzuki TS250 where the stock 6v battery is super important as a damper and regulator, and if removed or ran dead, the very expensive bulbs (Proprietary to that model) blow left and right.
                                Yamaha DT1s also ran a segmented alternator rotor running specific items on the bikes, have an issue and things go bad quickly.

So, long story short, NO,, I would not suggest running JUST SuperCaps, but they can be a great add on in some applications

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                                Working...
                                ;