CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by TroyFab View Post
    Zach,
    Something funky there for sure. Where are the axle adjusters? That piece outside of the hub may do the same thing as my speedo spacer. It may be you can only use one of those , not both. If you need anything machined, hit me up and I will take care of it. This build is coming out really nice. Nice job.
    Steve
    Yea basically in between the Speedo spacer that you guys make and the axle plate you need a spacer and a nut to fill that gap so I'm just turning down that nut with the built in spacer down to size and killing two birds with one stone

That Speedo spacer is awesome by the way!

Thanks
    -Zach

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by Hellayeah View Post
    Great looking bike Zack. What fuel tank is that? I love the look.
    Its an original Hap Jones tank that was chromed back in the 60s or 70s, I bought it off of Todd Asin(small city cycles)

One of the coolest tanks!

Get Adobe Flash player

Ok so its been a little while but I have made some good progress

I deleted the oil pump using one of TFMW delete bolts, cleans that up nicely

Then I wanted to take a shot at making a neat little headlight bracket

Came out awesome! the headlight is some old Allstate headlight have no idea what its off of but it fits perfect on this bike

Next I wanted to get the gas tank mounted, I had to carefully cut off these old mounts

Centered a hole in the frame, then used a slim top hat bung

a little welding action^^^

I still have to weld a tab to the underside of the tank in the tunnel so that I can tighten it down, and I'm probably going to weld two tabs down below the tank in the tunnel where its closest to the top motor mount and have it attach there as well, when I get there ill show some pics

I also got a chrome fender for the bike, you can see it in the picture above, and started to mount that

Everything at the back end of this bike is very tight, I wanted it that way, I don't like open spaces, the fender is butted up against the support bars on the hardtail its so tight

I made a couple tabs, welded them at the correct angle and ran a bolt through the rib of the fender with a nut and washer on the back, the lower tab needs a small spacer that a friend is going to mill down so it fits the rib

Next up is the fender struts! check em out!

Have to weld a small tab off the axle plate and drill holes/bolt them to the fender and the back section of the bike is basically done then

That's all I got for right now, the bike is at my buddys little garage right now cause we are trying to get it done, so I will have more posts up.

Thanks
    -Zach

I totally understand you Zach. Can't wait to see the ultimate result.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by planksta View Post
    Ok so its been a little while but I have made some good progress

I deleted the oil pump using one of TFMW delete bolts, cleans that up nicely

Then I wanted to take a shot at making a neat little headlight bracket

Came out awesome! the headlight is some old Allstate headlight have no idea what its off of but it fits perfect on this bike

Next I wanted to get the gas tank mounted, I had to carefully cut off these old mounts

Centered a hole in the frame, then used a slim top hat bung

a little welding action^^^

I still have to weld a tab to the underside of the tank in the tunnel so that I can tighten it down, and I'm probably going to weld two tabs down below the tank in the tunnel where its closest to the top motor mount and have it attach there as well, when I get there ill show some pics

I also got a chrome fender for the bike, you can see it in the picture above, and started to mount that

Everything at the back end of this bike is very tight, I wanted it that way, I don't like open spaces, the fender is butted up against the support bars on the hardtail its so tight

I made a couple tabs, welded them at the correct angle and ran a bolt through the rib of the fender with a nut and washer on the back, the lower tab needs a small spacer that a friend is going to mill down so it fits the rib

Next up is the fender struts! check em out!

Have to weld a small tab off the axle plate and drill holes/bolt them to the fender and the back section of the bike is basically done then

That's all I got for right now, the bike is at my buddys little garage right now cause we are trying to get it done, so I will have more posts up.

Thanks
    -Zach
    Tha's not the oil pump therre its the rev counter ��

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by datadavid View Post
    Tha's not the oil pump therre its the rev counter ��
    Lol yea not sure why I put oil pump meant to put tach drive

Get Adobe Flash player

Looks killer, i dig that tank

Get Adobe Flash player

Hello where did you get your front axle set up?

Get Adobe Flash player

nice bike,

Share This