Replacing ALL stock hoses and pipes with COTTON BRAIDED versions.

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheVoyager
    • Jun 2014

Replacing ALL stock hoses and pipes with COTTON BRAIDED versions.

Hey there.

I want to replace all my stock rubber hoses and pipes with cotton wrapped/braided versions. So all the carb hoses, coolant pipes etc. Because I am customising/restoring mine now and the stock ones look a little worn, and I think the cotton wrapped looks a lot nicer!

I am guessing this is a very simple procedure, as I have seen various vendors online selling these hoses.

I just wanted to ask peoples ideas on this, is the rubber hose they use safe. I am guessing this is a very simple procedure but figured I would ask anyway.
  • Slamgears
    • Oct 2015

You would honestly have to ask the vendor selling them, Just ask if it's rated for use as fuel line, and if it can be used for fuel nothing else is really gonna be more corrosive or eat rubber away.

More than likely you're fine though just swap 'em out.

Comment

• hxcjosh13
      • Sep 2012

Hey man I'm looking at doing pretty much the same thing on my sportster as i move along replacing parts. I want to use all -AN fittings and hose. Look at Russell they have a fabric wrapped fuel line and I don't see why it wouldn't work for oil and coolant as well.

Comment

• TheVoyager
        • Jun 2014

Originally posted by hxcjosh13
        Hey man I'm looking at doing pretty much the same thing on my sportster as i move along replacing parts. I want to use all -AN fittings and hose. Look at Russell they have a fabric wrapped fuel line and I don't see why it wouldn't work for oil and coolant as well.
        Thanks, just found these from your info..

Speedflow the innovative leader in performance AN JIC hose, hose ends, fittings and adaptors. Market leading customer service and huge on line shop.

You think these could be applied to a motorbike?

Comment

• 80DGY
          • Dec 2013

Definitely can use Speedflow on a bike

Hope you got a full wallet though, it can get real spendy real fast (top quality gear though!)

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;