CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

i did some regular old fabrication today. nothing too crazy right now, but this has bugged me for a little while, so i figured i'd make a little change. theres much more difficult ways to accomplish this, i did a little bit of math and measurements and tried to make it quick and easy. i wanted it to be mistakable as an OEM part

Last edited by GRHebard; 01-31-2016 at 11:20 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

that timer cap is nice. I had a Mallory one on a pan for a bit and hated how it looked. that piece would dress it up perfect.

Get Adobe Flash player

Looks awesome man!

Sidenote- what kinda voodoo is used to tighten/remove the acorn nut on the rear tappet block that is right against the case center bolt? My pan came with acorn nuts there too. Swapping them to late stock style bolts but I was scratching my head. I know you can remove the nut on the case bolt and tap the bolt out of the way but even still, that acorn nut is pretty much right against the case and tappet block. Probably explains why mine was loose and I was able to remove it with my fingers. At least I don't have to deal with trying to get it off!

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by boomboomthump View Post
    Looks awesome man!

Sidenote- what kinda voodoo is used to tighten/remove the acorn nut on the rear tappet block that is right against the case center bolt? My pan came with acorn nuts there too. Swapping them to late stock style bolts but I was scratching my head. I know you can remove the nut on the case bolt and tap the bolt out of the way but even still, that acorn nut is pretty much right against the case and tappet block. Probably explains why mine was loose and I was able to remove it with my fingers. At least I don't have to deal with trying to get it off!
    ive thought about that a few times. i had to take that center case bolt out to get a p-clamp off the stud when i was disassembling the bike, it loosened up fine and came right out. but it is weird how close all that hardware is

Get Adobe Flash player

i began machining the hardware and bungs for my sissybar. its a shame that i'll be shaving/slotting the heads on these stainless bolts to turn them into fillister heads

also, this week i sent that 3D print up to my friends from Blacktop Terrors, up in Spokane, WA. Bob, Hank, and Chad cast my distributor cover in aluminum. i designed the part and made sure i had put draft on everything. then i added the gating and vents to the pattern before printing it. i had forgotten that those stand offs would need draft as well. and the way i made the vents actually had positive draft. so when the mold was split to pull out the pattern, it pulled some sand out of the center, thats why it isnt perfectly hollow. fortunately, i designed the part so that the interior wall was a little thicker than it needed to be, so it could be machined back in the lathe and have a perfect fit. with the mistake i made, it will just take a little bit more machining, but the visible areas look perfect. we were a little nervous that the fins might not turn out right, but i think they look awesome!

heres the video of the pour:
    http://vid258.photobucket.com/albums...087902EB12.mp4

i tacked my exhaust together, i didnt want shotgun pipes, and i think upswepts can be too steep when they're parallel to that bottom frame rail. so i just split the difference. i wanted to keep it simple, not all twisted around the frame and whatnot. but i thought it looked too basic.. so i wanted to add some tips, i did some slash cut pipes, but that looks lame, so i hammered the edges out, to make them flare out

i worked on the sissybar hardware and bungs a little bit more..

Last edited by RegattaGarage; 02-09-2016 at 11:22 PM.

sorry for the lack of updates!

heres the sissybar

and the finished dist cover, cast by Bob, Hank, and Chad, of the Blacktop Terrors up in Spokane

now, im cooking up some footpegs!
    ill be 3D printing them this week

A video posted by Greg Hebard (@regatta_garage) on

Get Adobe Flash player

Thanks for the updates, best of luck!

started my shifter, but im not going to finish it until i get a better idea of the ergonomics of the bike. i think i'll shorten the lever a little bit. but we'll see where it all ends up once i have a seat, footpegs, and a shiftknob

my homie made a glass taillight lense. he's also making my shiftknob, and a gascap for me too

also, the voting is happening this week, i'd appreciate all the support i can get. from what i've seen of the polls, im right on the border. i'm pretty nervous about making this cut. if you're into this build, please take a the time to vote for GREG HEBARD so i can make it to the next step
    thank you!

showclass voting

losermachine voting
    Last edited by RegattaGarage; 03-06-2016 at 10:29 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Got my vote

Get Adobe Flash player

voting isn't over until tomorrow, and it's a very close race. I appreciate all the support so far. Thank you!

Get Adobe Flash player

sorry for the lack of updates, ive been finishing up the metal fab on my girlfriends bike. but i got a little bit of time on finalizing the design of my footpegs and kicker pedal. i got these all printed out. they still need to be cleaned up a little bit, a couple of the knurls fell off because of the orientation during printing.. if i was doing production of these, i would reprint these patterns, but i dont really care. if they end up imperfect, that just makes them more chopper! these will be sand-cast in aluminum, by Bob, Chad, and Hank of the Blacktop Terrors. those are the guys that cast my distributor cover.

Get Adobe Flash player

These custom cast pieces are tits...

I'm digging everything about this build. Great job homie.

Get Adobe Flash player

the cast pegs and kicker were completed this weekend. so nice!

i started my gastank this weekend too

i need to weld up the shell, then i can weld in the filler neck (im still thinking about exactly where the cap will be positioned, maybe splitting the difference between centered and the nomal offset)

i wasnt happy with my kicker arm, so i decided it would be better if it was reshaped. you may need to look closely at these next images to see the slight changes

im not going to tell you guys what this is just yet..

Get Adobe Flash player

Greg, this thread is solid. Nice to see some of the process from when it was too cold for me to want to drink beer in your shop. This bike is going to melt minds and your ol ladies bike is fucking perfect.

Get Adobe Flash player

updates!
    so i didnt make the 6-pack, but im definitely still going to finish the bike!

i machined my kicker pedal that the BlacktopTerrors cast for me

i didnt like the way the cycle electric reg/rec looks, too billet. so i made it look a little better

that flat piece of sheet metal with lines on it was for louvers, but the shop that was going to do them for me ended up bailing out, so i madea louver die for our pullmax machine (at my work) so that i can make louvers that are any length

not perfect straight out of the machine, they needed a little hammering and filing. but since i can do different lengths, it saves me the hassle of cutting/welding/sanding offset louvers together to make the shorter lengths

Last edited by GRHebard; 05-14-2016 at 9:26 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

i made some hardware. i really like fillister screws

and shaved my early 33.4mm sliders (kinda bummed, considering they had that cool registration sticker on them.. but theyre going to a good cause)

footpeg mounts are finished

Last edited by GRHebard; 05-14-2016 at 9:24 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

That vented primary is really cool. I'm really diggin it. Nice work.

Share This