Need a little advice on how to handle a situation....

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomahawk1976
    • Apr 2014

Need a little advice on how to handle a situation....

Back in the day I would have drove to this guys house, knocked on the door and just been like "what the fucks your deal" but I try not to do stupid things gs anymore, I've put myself in shitty situations before. So lo g story short, I bought a 78 shovel from a guy in New Hampshire. Seemed like a pretty decent guy, get home, throw a plate on it ride it around most of the summer. I goto register it here in PA, and since its old NH didn't require a title, but the bill of sale I got needs to be a motorized one. Text him...not a problem, shoot me your address. Cool, I offer to pay for the notary, etc. Been 3 weeks...nothing n won't answer texts back. I don't wanna drive 6 hours to knock on his fucking g door, I don't wanna be a dick, his folks were there when I picked up the bike n they seem like real nice ppl. But the bottom line is without a notarized BOS I'm shit outta luck. Any ideas???
  • Stadger
    • Jan 2012

Getting rough with him will get you nowhere fast. You just might have to make that drive though. On another point, next time do your homework on what you need before you buy and don't ride around on an untitled bike with an illegal plate for three months.

Comment

• tomahawk1976
      • Apr 2014

Yeah....well aware I should have been better prepared. I knew all I needed was a bill of sale, just didn't realize it had to be notarized or have an old registration card. Not trying to play the tough guy with him...like I said, he came off as a decent guy just don't know wtf the problem is

Comment

• Kvorter
        • Jan 2015

Write up a Bos and send it to him in the mail with a stamp and an addressed envelope, all he has to do is sign it and toss it in the mailbox. Or just sign it and turn it in, can't say I've never done that before.

Comment

• farmall
          • Apr 2013

Tell him there's a hundred bucks in it for him if he returns the paperwork properly accomplished.

Comment

• tomsoftail
            • Jul 2014

Vermont title trick time

Comment

• mrhammer2u
              • Sep 2015

I recently had to get a notary for a title fuck up (self-inflicted, I checked a wrong box on the title odometer section). Went to UPS Store for the notary along with the PO. Not only did the UPS worker not read the form in question, or ask us to sign it in front of him,....he didn't even ask for ID. He just stamped it, collected $5 and out the door we went. If I knew it would have been that easy I would have never bothered the PO.

If you go to a bank Notary, they'll probably be more anal. But these UPS guys may not have fucks to give. Maybe you'll have same luck?

Comment

• Slamgears
                • Oct 2015

Either send a bill of sale and get him to sign as said previously orrrr get a vermont title for it, that's quick and easy too

Comment

• some1else
                  • Jun 2011

take the ride but be nice and explain you're situation,probably work out O.K. dont wear s.o.a. gear

Comment

• beanhead78
                    • Nov 2009

i had a title for a 78, sold it at a swapmeet.

Comment

• Grantman
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by beanhead78
                      i had a title for a 78, sold it at a swapmeet.
                      WTF good is a title without the bike? I have a signed title that got shipped with a bike from NY, I'm in SoCal. Right bike, wrong title, dude is no longer with us so I get to play games at the DMV.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                      Working...
                      ;