Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hubbard
    • Dec 2010

boot repair

Due to an asshole in a toyota, one of my ankles is so much wider than normal the only type of boots that work for me are cowboy style. Anybody know of a cobbler who can put a rubber sole on a pair without fuckin 'em up? I've had it done before but they didn't fit right afterwards. The leather sole they come with is slicker than a snotty doorknob on smooth concrete.
  • 0wally0
    • Aug 2013

My right ankle was re configured also, my latest pair of boots are made by ariat and they have a really nice leather sole. They weren't cheap but they are by far the best boots I've ever had. Night and day difference compared to the leather soled ones, no slippage at all

Comment

• turpe
      • Jun 2015

Might these work?

Comment

• hhc
        • Oct 2013

I wear cowboy boots basicly all the time. Most of them are available with a rubber bottom especially if you get work ones with a steel toe and shank

Comment

• Hubbard
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by hhc
          I wear cowboy boots basicly all the time. Most of them are available with a rubber bottom especially if you get work ones with a steel toe and shank
          Thing is I have several comfy pairs, but it would be nice if there was a way to resole them. Where I live you have to mail order everything so I was hopin someone here knew a place.

Comment

• Stadger
            • Jan 2012

Shoe Doctor of Roanoke or Crossroads Shoe Repair, also in Roanoke. Tell 'em what you want.

Comment

• Nottso
              • Apr 2012

Sadly, many boots today can't even be resoled, even expensive ones. You have to look at the boots carefully when buying them. On many of them the sole may look like it's stitched on, but in reality it's molded on with fake stitching. Those are disposable, no matter what they cost.

I had an old friend that was a Redwing dealer and he taught me something long ago. As tough as it is to spend big on footwear, if you find something you like buy 2 pairs and wear them on alternating days. 1 + 1 will equal many more than 2 when it comes to the life of the boots. The problem is that our boots disintegrate from the inside out due to moisture from our feet sweating. If you alternate days, they can dry completely between uses and will last much, much longer.
              Last edited by Nottso; 11-30-2015, 7:52 AM.

Comment

• AMFshovelheads
                • Dec 2012

Have you thought about engineer boots. Most of them come with a rubber sole. They go for cheap on ebay or craigslist all day Long.

Comment

• hhc
                  • Oct 2013

The issue I have with engineer boots is they tend to be I'm gonna say floppy but there's got to be a better word. They don't fit tight like cowboy boots and I've yet to find ones with a steel shank (I have square pegs the shank makes you not even notice)

Comment

• Nottso
                    • Apr 2012

I wear "tactical" boots. i don't know what makes 'em that, but I like 'em. They lace up but also have a zipper on the side. I wonder if something like that would do well with your ankle's new geometry.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                    Working...
                    ;