CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Shots fired !!! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by image1 View Post
    if you have to ask, your vagina is probably too tender for a hardtail...

thebcb

Viva La Cantina!!!!!!

#fuckdatniggaleslie
    #fuckdatniggadusty
    #fuckdemniggashowclass
    #vivalacantina

Get Adobe Flash player

I run around 5lbs in the back...I dont ride slow or mellow..love the hardtail ride..my buddy has a softtail and my rigid rides smother if the tire pressure is set right. Thats running a rigid seat as well. I would only run a bias ply on a hardtail as well

Get Adobe Flash player

When you are lying in bed trying in vain to find a position that doesn't hurt, you will find no comfort in the memories of your hard tail chopper.

ETA: Not ONE of these internet tough guy "brothers" will be around to assist you when you become disabled.
    Last edited by BuxBitza; 11-03-2015 at 1:39 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

^^^^^

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...at least we'll get primo parking!

Get Adobe Flash player

Frame geometry has a lot to do with the quality of a hardtail ride.
    LEEENGTH will smooth out many a bump. Short wheelbases like stock swing-arms with struts are pretty harsh.
    Keep that front tire aired up and the front suspension soft.
    Low rear pressure has been covered, run tube.
    Sprung saddles simply launch the rider farther. Like an ejection seat. Plus they never have enough kick to keep your ass in the saddle. better to set against the p-pad if you have to have one.
    Ergonomics count for a lot too. A straight back will feel every jolt, a li'l slouch actually helps. Forward controls suck. So do apes. A far as being able to dirt-bike it when you see that pothole coming at you.

Get Adobe Flash player

As a recipitant of 2 hip replacements on the same side (1 in 2000 and 1 in 2011) , and a rigid rider since 1998 I feel I am somewhat qualified to speak out here. I have 2 bikes and both have O.E.M springers and rigid frames. I also had a third paughco frame 1993 1200 sportster w/ a narrow glide for 12 years. All seats are (were) on the frame ,no springs. The narrow glide gave you much better handling but less comfort. The springer cushions the ride , but sacrifices handling. I don't ride everyday for 100 miles like superbiker man but have had them on 300 mile runs more than a few times ( and do locally as much as time allows. ) going to A.M.C.A swap-meets. The only thing that limited those runs was time (had to get home to the kids in the same day. ) . Going through N.Y.C or on the B.Q.E or Sprainbrook Pky. is no picnic , but doable. Both my bikes have forward pegs and no floorboards , things have to be beefed up to do this to raise yourself an inch or two in the seat if you have to and mid-controls will kill you if you eventually wind up w/a replacement. I've never used a kidney belt and most people that use them don't have them tight enough to do anything anyway or the buckle would be jamming them as they rode,
    Nobody wants to get surprised w/a nasty pothole suspension or not , darkness and unfamiliar roads are not your friend in this regard so look at taillts. of vehicles in front of you
    if you can to tell you of possible road hazards ahead. I much prefer a rigid to a suspensioned bike though I have nothing against them. If your hip problems are in the sockets
    then I would re-think it ,but mine was on the stem of the femur and I can get cramping in the hip from the riding (this is why mids are definitely a no-go ) if it's a long trip ,so I'll take a Tylenol or Advil before I get on to go and that helps to keep it at bay.

Tim

Get Adobe Flash player

Figure this is a good enough place to ask, does anyone make barrel springs for solo seats that aren't rated for 300lbs? Lowbrows 3" barrels are just fucking stupid.

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by BuxBitza View Post
    When you are lying in bed trying in vain to find a position that doesn't hurt, you will find no comfort in the memories of your hard tail chopper.

ETA: Not ONE of these internet tough guy "brothers" will be around to assist you when you become disabled.
    my friend built a bike..strutted probably with a radial aired to 30lb...you sound like him..any hardtail he sees he goes up and spouts how he buit one and it rode like shit. .I stay way back when he does this as all I hear is him say how he's a idiot and doesn't know nothing about how to set a bike up..you seem to have taken his advice buds..to each his own..no need to state your stupid though..don't be so hard on yourself

Get Adobe Flash player

Everything is different nowadays.

A stock '74 Volkswagen Beetle could maintain highway speeds in that same era. Bust one out and try to navigate I-5 on any given day right now.

Same with rigids, but that is the beauty of them. It's a chopper, it's supposed to be ridiculous and impractical. The whole point of the exercise is to be stupid. We can still get away with it, so why not?

Nothing against suspension though.
    Last edited by hannibalsmith1; 11-16-2015 at 9:26 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Go for it! U can only ride as long/hard as you are, regardless what bike UR on. I've done sevral 1,000+ mile blasts on my ridged sporty chop, this year. Won't lie...sometimes it hurts. Just matters how much GRIT u got! Last ride was from top to bottom n back of CA. Rode with a bro who was on a 2003 Indian with big soft seat. He was wanting off his suspention bike more than I wanted off my ridged.
    A link to my build thread...
    http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40944

I put some rigid struts on my sporty a while back and was anticipating getting a springer seat. Now that Ive put some miles on it with the struts the rigid seat is fine. I honestly like the feel a lot better than with the OE struts. Just my .02

Share This