Petcock adapter?? Ironhead tank into vacuum powered petcock off 1995 Sporty 1200

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cosmania44
    • Nov 2013

Petcock adapter?? Ironhead tank into vacuum powered petcock off 1995 Sporty 1200

I have an ironhead tank i want to frisco mount on my chop again. I took it off due to shitty milage and had a 2000 mile trip. Plus it never ran as good with the vacuum petcock. I was using the stock ironhead petcock but at high rpm's the engine would cut out due to lack of fuel.... Plus i could never get the mixture dialed in right when i was running the stock ironhead petcock. Is there a vacuum powered petcock that fits an ironhead tank?? Or is there an adapter to go from the 1995 stock fine thread 5'8" to 3/8" stock 1973 ironhead tank???
  • Sky
    • Aug 2009

A: Don't run a vacuum petcock, there are plenty of good flowing fuel valves out there. Simply turn off the fuel when you walk away from the bike.
    B: Cut and weld the bung of your choice into that tank.
    C: Was the tank vented properly?
    D: When raising a tank the thing to do is drop the petcock bung to the lowest point of the tank and raise the filler up. Dropping the tunnel to add capacity is old hat as well. Again, you gotta weld
    E: An adaptor can be made, but it'll be pretty thin.. How about a 5/8" npt X 1/4" nipple from the hardware store and an inline petcock from the lawnmower section (if you want the easy way out)

Comment

• loddytoddy
      • Jul 2014

I don't run a vacuum petcock. also took out the junction that goes to it and ran the vacuum line directly from the carb to the VOES.
      I haven't had a problem with mine starving at high speeds etc.. just have to remember to turn off the flow when parked.
      1997 1200c

Comment

• Dragstews
        • Sep 2010

Welcome to Pingel Enterprise, Inc. home of the world's quickest and fastest motorcycle. Manufacturers of high performance motorcycle drag race parts and accessories including fuel valves, wheel chocks, air shifters, and wheelie bars.
        Take my 45 and outrun em all ..

Comment

• ChrisFinn22
          • Feb 2014

Hey can you explain this little better? I want to delete mine also.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;