Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LisaBallard
    • Jul 2009

Voodoo Vintage Hardtail Giveaway

Win a Yamaha, Kawasaki, Honda or Suzuki Hardtail from Voodoo Vintage.

1.) Add a photo of your motorcycle you would like to use the hardtail on in this thread.

*If you use Instagram please include your profile name to your entry.

2.) The winner must create and update their own build thread in this forum, showing us their upgrades and build process.

An idea is only an idea until you have help from others to move it forward. David will follow through with his hardtail donation so it’s only right that the winner follows through with updating their build thread.
    These hardtails retails between $200.00 to $450.00 and it’s VERY important that David receives cross promotion for his kind donation. Please don’t enter if you cannot follow through with our request.

I’ll announce the winners on December 15, 2015. Best of luck!

Kindly follow David's world:
    Voodoo Vintage website
    Facebook
    Instagram

*If the winner would also like to share their progress on Instagram please incorporate the hashtags #33member and #ccwinterblues to your posts.

Thank you for your membership,
    Lisa
    Last edited by LisaBallard; 10-11-2015, 7:33 PM.
  • hardtailing12
    • Mar 2014

1971 cb450.
    Attached Files

Comment

• SOLAMF
      • Sep 2015

my 1990 Yamaha radian

Comment

• sooner7nc
        • Jun 2015

[ATTACH=CONFIG]64501[/ATTACH]

71 cb350
        Attached Files
        Last edited by sooner7nc; 10-12-2015, 7:58 AM.

Comment

• paulcl450
          • Apr 2012

[ATTACH=CONFIG]64504[/ATTACH]

68 cl450

Comment

• JuanCarlito
            • Aug 2014

Will David (Voodoo Vintage) make me a hard tail that doesn't exist yet if I win? lol I have an 86 XV750 Virago on the go right now. Due to the weird frame they used it would be pretty challenging for us both I think.

Here is the link to my build thread http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43533

A couple pictures: First is the bike as I bought it. nearly stock with changed handle bars and air filter, sissy bar removed.

Second is a shot of the new single carb manifold I made and new air filter

Also have a set of new mini apes I made to go on and am fabbing forward controls now. A sick custom hard tail would just set off the whole build!
            Last edited by JuanCarlito; 10-12-2015, 2:15 PM.

Comment

• coldxchris
              • Feb 2014

1981 CB900F (the 750 DOHC will work)
              Instagram: @coldxchris
              Click image for larger version

Name:	34130_132825753411287_2650389_n.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	1286087Click image for larger version

Name:	39863_145135295513666_5007685_n.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	1286088Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150516_193119.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	293.4 KB
ID:	1286089
              Last edited by coldxchris; 10-12-2015, 3:17 PM.

Comment

• ScottArcher
                • Jan 2014

I'd like to see a hard tail for a Virago. I got a 88 1100 I'm doing a thread on right now. My guess is that it would be a huge pain in the ass. That shaft drive might be a bitch to integrate in to the hard tail. I thought Doctor Virago had done it but it turns out he has a chain drive. http://doctor-virago.com/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_U_0uRPeDs

Comment

• voodoovintage
                  • Jun 2011

Hi there Juan,

Man... I'd love to tackle the Virago, but there are several key factors making it too difficult and expensive for the common consumer.

First off... The frame is a series of stamped panels vs. a tubular frame like earlier model bikes.
                  Not only that... But the frame actually serves as an air box passage and has electrical components molded into it's side.

Second... The Virago is a shaft-drive, which means in order to design any type of "flowing" hardtail, the shaft would have to be split and extended, then re-welded and balanced.
                  This would be way too much "machining" for the typical consumer.

Another option would be to convert it to a chain drive, but yet again... the cost and technical barrier is still too steep to be mounted within a reasonable investment.

If you are looking for a bad to the bone V-twin build, I would suggest slapping the motor into a full custom frame and converting it to chain drive. Don't plan on selling it soon after you finish however. You'll probably end up investing twice what the value would be.

Sorry about that partner, but some models are best geared toward a Cafe' or Brat-Style conversion vs. hardtail rigid.

Hope this helps?

Originally posted by JuanCarlito
                  Will David (Voodoo Vintage) make me a hard tail that doesn't exist yet if I win? lol I have an 86 XV750 Virago on the go right now. Due to the weird frame they used it would be pretty challenging for us both I think.

Here is the link to my build thread http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43533

A couple pictures: First is the bike as I bought it. nearly stock with changed handle bars and air filter, sissy bar removed.

Second is a shot of the new single carb manifold I made and new air filter

Also have a set of new mini apes I made to go on and am fabbing forward controls now. A sick custom hard tail would just set off the whole build!

Comment

• JuanCarlito
                    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by voodoovintage
                    Hi there Juan,

Man... I'd love to tackle the Virago, but there are several key factors making it too difficult and expensive for the common consumer.

First off... The frame is a series of stamped panels vs. a tubular frame like earlier model bikes.
                    Not only that... But the frame actually serves as an air box passage and has electrical components molded into it's side.

Second... The Virago is a shaft-drive, which means in order to design any type of "flowing" hardtail, the shaft would have to be split and extended, then re-welded and balanced.
                    This would be way too much "machining" for the typical consumer.

Another option would be to convert it to a chain drive, but yet again... the cost and technical barrier is still too steep to be mounted within a reasonable investment.

If you are looking for a bad to the bone V-twin build, I would suggest slapping the motor into a full custom frame and converting it to chain drive. Don't plan on selling it soon after you finish however. You'll probably end up investing twice what the value would be.

Sorry about that partner, but some models are best geared toward a Cafe' or Brat-Style conversion vs. hardtail rigid.

Hope this helps?

All points I am aware of Exactly why I said it would be a challenge for everyone lol. As for me though the frame as an air box is no longer an issue and electrical will all be redone anyway (I hope) but the shifty etc is still and will stay an issue as I don't have the tools or experience to do the necessary work. Guess I'll have to stick to a cheap n easy bobber build or go towards a Brat style as mentioned. Guess I'll track ya down for build #3 or #4 or #5 lol

Comment

• blackchop
                      • Aug 2009

2013 Honda shadow 750rs
                      They all look the same
                      I'll post a pic as soon as my phoneallows me to.
                      Yup they be chaindrive
                      OK what's the trick to posting a pic?
                      Last edited by blackchop; 10-15-2015, 6:03 PM.

Comment

• Duttry98
                        • Oct 2012

1981 Suzuki gs650g. This is how it looked the night I brought it home two months ago. Clubman bars were yucky looking and have been shelved.

Comment

• Duttry98
                          • Oct 2012

Failed to mention it's a shafty.

Comment

• NBraun96
                            • Dec 2014

1979 GS 750
                            Instagram: BRAUN750

Comment

• gene1219
                              • Apr 2013

I really can't get my bike to look "right". A hardtail would get me to where I want to be!
                              '79 XS650
                              Last edited by gene1219; 10-14-2015, 6:17 PM.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                              Working...
                              ;