CHOP CULT HOME
Email Password
Search
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default Voodoo Vintage Hardtail Giveaway

Win a Yamaha, Kawasaki, Honda or Suzuki Hardtail from Voodoo Vintage.

1.) Add a photo of your motorcycle you would like to use the hardtail on in this thread.

*If you use Instagram please include your profile name to your entry.

2.) The winner must create and update their own build thread in this forum, showing us their upgrades and build process.

An idea is only an idea until you have help from others to move it forward. David will follow through with his hardtail donation so it’s only right that the winner follows through with updating their build thread.
    These hardtails retails between $200.00 to $450.00 and it’s VERY important that David receives cross promotion for his kind donation. Please don’t enter if you cannot follow through with our request.

I’ll announce the winners on December 15, 2015. Best of luck!

Kindly follow David's world:
    Voodoo Vintage website
    Facebook
    Instagram

*If the winner would also like to share their progress on Instagram please incorporate the hashtags #33member and #ccwinterblues to your posts.

Thank you for your membership,
    Lisa
    Last edited by LisaBallard; 10-11-2015 at 7:33 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

1971 cb450.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Get Adobe Flash player

my 1990 Yamaha radian

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	71 CB.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	64501

71 cb350
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20151002_172337_zpscrihco32.jpg  
    Last edited by sooner7nc; 10-12-2015 at 7:58 AM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Name:	lftBike.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	247.9 KB 
ID:	64504

68 cl450

Get Adobe Flash player

Will David (Voodoo Vintage) make me a hard tail that doesn't exist yet if I win? lol I have an 86 XV750 Virago on the go right now. Due to the weird frame they used it would be pretty challenging for us both I think.

Here is the link to my build thread http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43533

A couple pictures: First is the bike as I bought it. nearly stock with changed handle bars and air filter, sissy bar removed.

Second is a shot of the new single carb manifold I made and new air filter

Also have a set of new mini apes I made to go on and am fabbing forward controls now. A sick custom hard tail would just set off the whole build!
    Last edited by JuanCarlito; 10-12-2015 at 2:15 PM.

1981 CB900F (the 750 DOHC will work)
    Instagram: @coldxchris

Name:	34130_132825753411287_2650389_n.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	64516Click image for larger version. 

Name:	39863_145135295513666_5007685_n.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	64517Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150516_193119.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	293.4 KB 
ID:	64518
    Last edited by coldxchris; 10-12-2015 at 3:17 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

I'd like to see a hard tail for a Virago. I got a 88 1100 I'm doing a thread on right now. My guess is that it would be a huge pain in the ass. That shaft drive might be a bitch to integrate in to the hard tail. I thought Doctor Virago had done it but it turns out he has a chain drive. http://doctor-virago.com/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_U_0uRPeDs

Get Adobe Flash player

Hi there Juan,

Man... I'd love to tackle the Virago, but there are several key factors making it too difficult and expensive for the common consumer.

First off... The frame is a series of stamped panels vs. a tubular frame like earlier model bikes.
    Not only that... But the frame actually serves as an air box passage and has electrical components molded into it's side.

Second... The Virago is a shaft-drive, which means in order to design any type of "flowing" hardtail, the shaft would have to be split and extended, then re-welded and balanced.
    This would be way too much "machining" for the typical consumer.

Another option would be to convert it to a chain drive, but yet again... the cost and technical barrier is still too steep to be mounted within a reasonable investment.

If you are looking for a bad to the bone V-twin build, I would suggest slapping the motor into a full custom frame and converting it to chain drive. Don't plan on selling it soon after you finish however. You'll probably end up investing twice what the value would be.

Sorry about that partner, but some models are best geared toward a Cafe' or Brat-Style conversion vs. hardtail rigid.

Hope this helps?

Quote Originally Posted by JuanCarlito View Post
    Will David (Voodoo Vintage) make me a hard tail that doesn't exist yet if I win? lol I have an 86 XV750 Virago on the go right now. Due to the weird frame they used it would be pretty challenging for us both I think.

Here is the link to my build thread http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43533

A couple pictures: First is the bike as I bought it. nearly stock with changed handle bars and air filter, sissy bar removed.

Second is a shot of the new single carb manifold I made and new air filter

Also have a set of new mini apes I made to go on and am fabbing forward controls now. A sick custom hard tail would just set off the whole build!

Get Adobe Flash player

Quote Originally Posted by voodoovintage View Post
    Hi there Juan,

Man... I'd love to tackle the Virago, but there are several key factors making it too difficult and expensive for the common consumer.

First off... The frame is a series of stamped panels vs. a tubular frame like earlier model bikes.
    Not only that... But the frame actually serves as an air box passage and has electrical components molded into it's side.

Second... The Virago is a shaft-drive, which means in order to design any type of "flowing" hardtail, the shaft would have to be split and extended, then re-welded and balanced.
    This would be way too much "machining" for the typical consumer.

Another option would be to convert it to a chain drive, but yet again... the cost and technical barrier is still too steep to be mounted within a reasonable investment.

If you are looking for a bad to the bone V-twin build, I would suggest slapping the motor into a full custom frame and converting it to chain drive. Don't plan on selling it soon after you finish however. You'll probably end up investing twice what the value would be.

Sorry about that partner, but some models are best geared toward a Cafe' or Brat-Style conversion vs. hardtail rigid.

Hope this helps?

All points I am aware of Exactly why I said it would be a challenge for everyone lol. As for me though the frame as an air box is no longer an issue and electrical will all be redone anyway (I hope) but the shifty etc is still and will stay an issue as I don't have the tools or experience to do the necessary work. Guess I'll have to stick to a cheap n easy bobber build or go towards a Brat style as mentioned. Guess I'll track ya down for build #3 or #4 or #5 lol

Get Adobe Flash player

2013 Honda shadow 750rs
    They all look the same
    I'll post a pic as soon as my phoneallows me to.
    Yup they be chaindrive
    OK what's the trick to posting a pic?
    Last edited by blackchop; 10-15-2015 at 6:03 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

1981 Suzuki gs650g. This is how it looked the night I brought it home two months ago. Clubman bars were yucky looking and have been shelved.

Get Adobe Flash player

Failed to mention it's a shafty.

Get Adobe Flash player

1979 GS 750
    Instagram: BRAUN750

Get Adobe Flash player

I really can't get my bike to look "right". A hardtail would get me to where I want to be!
    '79 XS650
    Last edited by gene1219; 10-14-2015 at 6:17 PM.

Get Adobe Flash player

Default 1999 Suzuki Marauder vz800

this is ol' Suzi, it's the bigger version of the ls650, she's a fun bike but not too popular for people who build bikes, nobody makes hardtails or frames for them. I put some struts in and mounted a sissy bar and new fender, I think a hardtail would make it look so much better. I know you don't make hardtails for these bikes but I'm having my friend take some measurements on his savage's back end to see how they match up. They're similar except the savage has a single tube back bone and the marauder has a weird double thing going on, but if I cut the hardtail's backbone off and just used the bottom end I think it would fit on the marauder. If I had measurements of the hardtail I could tell you... Anyways this bike is a work in progress and it would be cool to make it a real chopper, but if you already know it's not possible to make it fit I understand.

I'm in the same boat as that guy up there ^^^ I have an 04 vz800 so I'm out, but I just wanted to pop in and say this is a badass giveaway. Very awesome of CC to put these contests on and cool of companys like voodoo to contribute. Good luck to those that are able to participate.

Here is my little kz440. It is a "hardtail" but not a true "hardtail." I did what I could with what I had. I got some more pics on my instagram (hotrodchriz). I think a true hardtail would really set it off. Shout out to voodoo vintage and chop cult for this awesome giveaway!

Get Adobe Flash player

How bout this? 1978 K Model CB750. In excellent shape, daily rider. Had no intentions of cutting up a fine specimen but for the board and chance to stick a Voodoo Vintage hardtail on it I am game. The purist will shit... bwahahahaha

Instagram: car99r

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 11081292_10152781290838199_1351411837508452207_n.jpg   11169913_10152783200123199_2649000850706553971_n.jpg  

1973 Suzuki GT380

Name:	cNQFAEODSvpoQS3L.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	133.1 KB 
ID:	64666

Share This