X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LisaBallard
    • Jul 2009

The Factory Metal Works Hardtail Giveaway

Win a Unit Bolt-On hardtail frame for Triumph 650's 63-70.

1.) Add a photo of your motorcycle you would like to use the hardtail on in this thread.

*If you use Instagram please include your profile name to your entry.

2.) The winner must create and update their own build thread in this forum, showing us their upgrades and build process.

An idea is only an idea until you have help from others to move it forward. Lucas will follow through with his kind donation so it’s only right the winner follows through with updating their build thread.
    This hardtail retails for $200.00 and it’s VERY important that Lucas receives cross promotion for his kind donation. Please don’t enter if you cannot follow through with our request.

I’ll announce the winners on December 15, 2015. Best of luck!

Kindly follow Lucas' world:
    The Factory Metal Works website
    Facebook
    Instagram

*If the winner would also like to share their progress on Instagram please incorporate the hashtags #33member and #ccwinterblues to your posts.

Thank you for your membership,
    Lisa
    Last edited by LisaBallard; 10-11-2015, 8:02 PM.
  • LinkBelt
    • Oct 2010

Crud, I need a pre unit hard tail. Good luck everyone.

Comment

• 60GalaxieJJ
      • Jul 2015

Just got this 74 t100c the other day. I know the give away is for a 64-70 hardtail but I'm sure I can make it work with me and my buddy's fab skills
      Attached Files

Comment

• thatstupidkydd
        • Oct 2011

my 68 bsa but it's in a 68 triumph frame and badly needs a new hardtail as the mangled contraption that was on it when i bought it is the true definition of a death trap (this was her when i bought her but she's all apart now and on her way back to ridable)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7774.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	331.3 KB
ID:	1286129

Comment

• planksta
          • Oct 2013

I could use it, have a 68 Bonneville T120R that was sitting for a good 20 years in some old guys basement, was planning on tearing into it this winter. Going for a simplified 60s Watson style triumph, already have nos MCM fork covers, Italian solo seat and pad, OG wassell tank and fender, 21 front and 19 rear akront shouldered rims!

Instagram: @Zach_planksta

Thanks
          -Zach
          Last edited by planksta; 12-15-2015, 4:26 PM.

Comment

• GiantMcGoo
            • Mar 2014

I had started a build thread a while back but it went on the back burner, family comes first and our daughter was born in early September and well those of you with kids understand. This would be an amazing opportunity and I would be stoked to add this hardtail to my build. My bike is a 1967 Triumph Trophy TR6R. I'll add a photo in a bit when my kids go to sleep

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	301.2 KB
ID:	1287734
            @giantmcgoo is my Instagram but I'm having trouble adding a photo from my phone, I'll try from the computer sometime tomorrow. In the meantime you can see me bumble my way through a tear down in my thread, there are a few photos there.

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	296.2 KB
ID:	1287756

http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40267 Is the link to my build thread.
            Last edited by GiantMcGoo; 12-14-2015, 8:37 PM.

Comment

• dirtytwo
              • Dec 2015

I throw in on this. I am building a 65 BSA bobber. I bought a basket case that had a hardtail welded on, and it was hacked off. Maybe it's more like a half a basket. I am using a Triumph rear hub laced to a harley 16” wheel (so I will be using Triumph axle plates). Up front, I am using a 30's BSA M20 girder front end with a 19” wheel.

I know from lurking here that it is critical that I get the drop correct so fork trail is positive while the bottom frame rails are parallel to the ground.

I'll have determine the correct stretch and drop so that the engine sits properly (so that frame and cylinder fins are parallel to the ground). When I mock it up I'll pull the necessary dimensions so I know which hardtail I need.

I realize that this giveaway is for a Triumph hardtail, I am hoping that since I need Triumph axle plates, maybe the rest of the hardtail could be BSA.
              Thanks,
              Tom
              Attached Files

Comment

• Dinnertimedave
                • Aug 2012

Okay guys, this has got to be the most deserving unit 650 Bonneville entry so far!! It's a '65, I've owned it for 36 years, probably abused it for 35 of 'em!! Ripped her down a few months ago and then work got in the way, this comp has given me the kick up the ass to lavish some attention on her and let her grow old in style whether I win or not........

Name:	PIC_0119.jpg
Size:	307.0 KB
ID:	1287737

Name:	PIC_0118.jpg
Size:	287.5 KB
ID:	1287738

Name:	PIC_0124.jpg
Size:	258.1 KB
ID:	1287739

Got a nice extended Harley springer which i want to chop back down to probably 2 under......

Name:	PIC_0116.jpg
Size:	274.6 KB
ID:	1287740

Thats about it for the bare basics of it, I know I'm a long way away but I can help with the shipping, i'll even buy some chain tensioners to go with it hahaha

Comment

• dirtytwo
                  • Dec 2015

Mockup of bobber girder project

Heres a photo of the girder front loosely mocked to the frame. Still waiting for a proper front axle so I can set the parts in a jig.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• LisaBallard
                    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by planksta

I could use it, have a 68 Bonneville T120R that was sitting for a good 20 years in some old guys basement, was planning on tearing into it this winter. Going for a simplified 60s Watson style triumph, already have nos MCM fork covers, Italian solo seat and pad, OG wassell tank and fender, 21 front and 19 rear akront shouldered rims!

Instagram: @Zach_planksta

Thanks
                    -Zach
                    Congratulations, you've won. Please email me your full name and mailing address to [email protected]. Thanks for being a member! Lisa

Comment

• GiantMcGoo
                      • Mar 2014

Originally posted by LisaBallard
                      Congratulations, you've won. Please email me your full name and mailing address to [email protected]. Thanks for being a member! Lisa
                      Congrats dude. Can't wait to see what you do with this bad boy.

Comment

• LisaBallard
                        • Jul 2009

You can follow Planksta's build thread here, http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44956

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
                        Working...
                        ;