Front Ends Over/Under: What does It Mean?

Collapse

Desktop Ad Forum Top

Collapse

Mobile ad top forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steinbvg
    • Sep 2015

These guys advertise here.
    FREE SHIPPING ON USA ORDERS OVER $99. Throttle Addiction is your chopper motorcycle parts source! Specializing in Harley Davidson Sportster, Panhead, Kucklehead, Dyna, Triumph, XS650.

They have repop springer 6 under. 18" .
    Zero engineering goose necks their frames to use such a short springer and yet to keep modern EVO engines. Don,t sell frames any longer.
    i wonder where to find a frame that will go with such a short springer ?

Comment

• Saltytonk
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by FredoSNR
      Pretty sure that chart is inaccurate, since the VL is slightly longer than the later springer. 1" longer from one source, 1/2" longer from another. Either way this depicts the VL as being actually shorter than the inline. Maybe this chart is from a catalog of repops?
      I got that chart off of the JJ . Not sure where it was sourced from before that.

Comment

• triumphbruce
        • Jun 2014

don't forget to look at stem size Harley's are an inch dia

triumph's were 7/8ths if I remember right
        there are kits to change neck sizes I have even made bushings
        to press into the neck to fit the size of cups I wanted to use
        I have no idea for of sizes for other bikes
        good luck the possibility's are endless

Comment

• AsianDan
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by AbyssmalTailgate
          Ahh, I guess that does make sense that the rake doesn't change haha. Thanks for the input. Are you able to say, more or less, how a bike that is "tipped up" handles compared to one that isn't as tipped? Or do you know of any forum threads that discuss this?
          it seems when the bike is tipped up with longer forks, at slower speeds or standing still, you get more fork flop. but at high speeds it's very stable. I think Andy Carter of Pangea speed used to write up something about it. I think it was in one of the show class magazines.

Comment

300 mobile ad bottom forum

Collapse
          Working...
          ;